Golden Tarot

firemaiden

Song Deva, you are too funny :)

I just got my copy too, and am thrilled.

I did a reading with it and found it really wonderful to work with. I loved the little demons on the Justice Card.

I wonder why Kat felt the need to make it conform so much to the RWS? or was that the publisher? surprised me, because I have another universal games deck - the New Century, which is not tied by the same constraints.

retrokat

Hi Firemaiden,

Glad you like the deck :)

In answer to your question, USGS didn't pressure me at all. They basically let me do whatever I wanted, and only changed about 3 cards in the whole deck. If I'd had the time & better facilities with the first version, I would have made that more RWS too.

I've always used a RWS deck. I struggled with a Visconti Sforza for awhile, but having to remember or look up meanings always made me feel a bit detatched from the reading. Maybe RWS is like an old pair of slippers, easy and comfortable. And I like that.

So why did I bother making Golden, you may ask?

I guess I wanted to make a pair of comfy old slippers that you could wear to the Ball. :D

So many people are commenting on the RWS thing, I started a page for it over at my site:

http://www.goldentarot.com/rwsclone.htm

retrokat

AS though I didn't have enough on my plate...

(Excuse the bad pun.....)

I've just become host for the Vegetarian channel at Bella Online:

http://www.bellaonline.com/site/vegetarian

Any of you who are vegetarians are most welcome to call by - let me know what you think. So far, I've just uploaded a few articles.

So.. do you reckon cookbooks sell better than tarot decks? Hmmm.. perhaps a better idea for my next project... *grin* "Kat Black's Vegetarian Diet - Compassion without the Carbs"

retrokat

Does anyone here live in Madrid? Or know anybody who does?

I desperately need a picture - well, a close-up of a small element of a picture - that's in the Museo del Prado, Madrid.

Because it's such a tiny thing in the picture, I can't find any source where I can get a close-up of it - and I'm too far from Spain to go there myself and photograph it, or try to buy a print of the painting in the shop (if they even sell it).

Help?!

Emily

Well the Golden is sold out again on Amazon UK, I didn't get my copy (yet) - but I'm still waiting, eventually I'll get it. :)

Kat - I bet you never realised just how popular your deck was going to be. :D

dyfed

LOVE THIS DECK!!

Kat... I was introduced to your website a year ago, and pre-ordered the Golden Tarot from Amazon.com. I was hoping to have it by last Halloween, but as everyone here knows, that was not to be. I was one of the people that had my order cancelled by Amazon at the lower price, but I was able to immediately re-order at the $25 price. (However, this time I did it through the link on your site so that you would get commission!) I didn't have a problem paying the price, because the deck is SO WORTH IT!

In the meantime, I ordered 2 tarot bags from you through eBay... the bags are the best I've had... you may remember that I was the one who paid you more than I won the bags for. I love them.

Anyway... my seemingly endless waiting is over... and I have been using your deck for about a month now. I am a professional reader, and I have been using your deck daily for my personal readings, and for client readings. I am thrilled at the accuracy of the readings! The images you have chosed are wonderful! The cards are the most beautiful I have seen. I originally learned to read the cards with the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, but before I bought your deck, I had been working almost exclusively with the Crowley Thoth deck. But since the Golden Tarot came in it's Amazon box, I haven't used anything else. I love it!!!

Emily

Well I eventually got my Golden :D - It came in the post this morning - I was supposed to be going out but changed my plans so I could be here to accept it.

It was well worth the wait. Each card is a little work of art, it feels like a deck thats been around for a very long time, which I suppose in a way it has. The gilt edges are lovely and it shuffles like a dream. Its also a nice size, I have smallish hands but this deck is ideal. I've been doing readings with this deck for most of the day now, its really easy to read with and the extra animals and symbolism has had me reaching for a symbol dictionary. lol

I really didn't think that I would find a deck to rival my love for the Morgan Greer but in the Golden I have. I can't stop taking it out of the box just to look at it. :)

Aure

I have a problem... My Golden is aging fast... I noticed today that the gilding is wearing off turning the edges whitish.

I know that will happen eventually anyway but do your decks look used already?

dyfed

I've been using my deck daily for well over a month, and my deck is showing no signs of wear at all... the gilt edges are like new!