Roberto Viesi Tarot

Madrigal

I'm loving the look of this deck by Roberto Viesi. It's a Majors-only deck but I'm intrigued enough to consider it. I realize it just came out this year but if anyone has it and wants to share their impressions I'd much appreciate it-- cardstock, color, card size, 'shuffleability', how it reads etc.

Madrigal

Wow, no one has this gorgeous deck? Is it because it's a Majors-only? The artwork has such...intelligence to it. It's gone on the wish list for sure.

VGimlet

It's on my wanted list, but I haven't purchased it yet. :p

Madrigal

It's on my wanted list, but I haven't purchased it yet. :p

Well whoever buys it first can showcase it for the other on the DOTW group :D

Tippyjane

I have a few majors-only decks and I HAD to have this one. It is gorgeous!

Madrigal

Ooh, good to know that it's as gorgeous in actuality as it appears on the screen.

agviz

I have it and have been meaning to post about it.

I bought this deck strictly for the artwork because I don't tend to read with majors. I'm delighted to say that the artwork is indeed wonderful and fully lives up to the online scans. The colors are vivid and the use of geometry is very fascinating. It reminds me ever so slightly of the Daniloff in those respects.

The cards are large and have borders that are a bit over sized for my taste. The card stock is matte and might be a bit flimsy for shuffling. Not that it feels like cheap stock, but when a deck is large it seems to help when the stock is sturdier. I don't think I'd feel comfortable shuffling this deck.

This deck is a truly wonderful addition for tarot art collectors. It might also serve quite well for reading, but only if you're skilled working with larger decks and you're very careful shuffling.

Madrigal

Thanks, agviz, for the detailed report. I've got small hands so the larger size is a bit of a detraction. It looks like it could be trimmed down somewhat though not entirely due to the decorative edges.

BrightEye

I like the look of this deck a lot. Really nice lines and colours. Makes me want to make another deck myself!

Le Fanu

It reminds me ever so slightly of the Daniloff in those respects.
I can see that. Those were my thoughts when I saw the scans. Something about the looping outlines.

I have just been to check it out on alidastore. I might bundle it in with another (Meneghello) order I'm thinking of making. It looks nice, but I have enough Marseilles / Marseilles inspired reading decks and all of them are 78 card decks. But this looks nice. It would be more of a deck-for-the-collection.

It costs 22.50 euros (for those too lazy to follow it up on alidastore :D )