The Faerie Guide card

DarkElectric

I think the idea of an acrylic painting scanned and superimposed onto the card is abolutely wonderful! I also think it will be a highly effective way to get the colours and shading your faerie guide wants. I still have to find out if my friend can scan mine. It's not my usual stick figure!

Jewel

Thanks for your encouragement! I have still not been able to start working on her but plan to this week. I am going to take my time with her, I think it will be an awsome experience.

I hope your friend is able to scan your Guide so we can see her :) ... and that she is not your traditional stick figure ~giggles~ is proof that she is telling you that you have hidden talents I believe ;)

magpie9

I don't know it this will work, but...you could draw on blank index card, then tape the card down, tape tracing paper over that,and trace. Then take the tracing paper off and make a sandwich with the blank card on the bottom, then carbon paper in the middle and the traced design on the tracing paper. Tape it all down solidly so there's no wiggle room and go over the tracing with a pen or stylus. Use a steady hand and enough pressure so that it will make a clear copy on the actual card. To prevent the carbon paper smudgeing from the pressure of your hand, you could put (yet another layer!)a heavier piece of paper with the center cut out between the carbon paper and the actual card. This works for copying a design onto cloth to embroider. There may be an easier or more modern way to do it...probably a good idea to do this several times before putting the actual card on the bottom. Good Luck ! magpie9