Enochian Magick

Flames

I'm thinking of looking into self hypnosis techniques to get into that sleepy kind of mind set to help bring up spontaneous images, like you can get sometimes just before falling asleep. I saw an interesting one a few weeks ago - a thin metal faced man moving around me with fire shooting out of his eyes :laugh:

Okay, this is an interesting topic and I wanted to add something here about trances or preparing oneself to enter into a trance-like state. I have those experiences where I 'see' things, as you mention here about spontaneous images coming up, and for the life of me, I kept wondering why I sometimes have them while at other times, I don't, and at the same time, if there was a way I could encourage and facilitate more of them because I find the experiences strange and quite magical. I feel myself engaged in a different way. I must have had a eureka moment while reading this thread because it suddenly hit me. Ever since I was a little child, I would rock myself to sleep. As I got older, I refrained myself from doing so - y'know, I thought it was a 'bad' habit I needed to break. But, when I listen to music (at least, every other day, for an hour), I rock back and forth if I'm on the sofa or sitting up in bed, and often, during these times, I enter that 'altered state'. I mean, that's when I notice I have more of these spontaneous images coming up. It feels like a dream, like being in a lucid dream, which I do experience often as well. But this is different because I'm still rocking (my body is still moving and therefore, I am not 'asleep') when these spontaneous images occur. I'm thinking it has to do with the 'rocking', the repetitive movement, along with the music. Sorry, maybe it's a given to most people but right now, I can't help but smile from ear to ear. I also write down what I see and hear. They help me see myself in a different way. In fact, they help me see 'possibilities'. Things feel more fluid, not so static...and yeah...life just feels like an infinite possibility...for what? I'm not sure. :D

Abrac

Many meditation techniques use movement. Anything that makes it easier to shift the mind's focus away from itself and keep it there will facilitate Alpha and Theta states.

foolMoon

Anyway ? .... Not according to this statement ;

Originally Posted by smw ;
" I am wondering if hypnotism sometimes gets a bad reputation from those shows where they supposedly get someone in the audience to cluck like a chicken or something. "

Is it not performance hypnosis on stage for tv audience? Silly and pointless but not evil.

ravenest

yes, THAT ^ is stage performance is silly embarrassing and a power trip.

To use 'hypnotherapy on another to assert your will ( or weird psychological agenda ) may be evil .

Two similar but different things; one is cheap 'entertainment' by taking advantage of someones will and making some $$$$ out of it. The other is much more insidious and can cause disruption in the self and/or family community. This second 'syndrome' can actually spread through other areas of the community - like mass automatic hypnotism.

Have you ever heard of the case of the 'abuse' workers / therapists that 'exposed' massive 'ritual / satanic abuse' in the UK a few decades ago ? - Masked and uniformed DSS officers raided homes at dawn and took peoples children off them forcibly without any real explanation and took them away. Many court cases eventually exposed the whole thing as a scam, and during the enquiry that followed it was revealed that the 'therapists' had implanted ideas in certain children. Somehow, they also implanted the idea in the welfare system that allowed them to believe it and give them license to operate in the way they did . Eventually the ringleaders were exposed, only one was caught, three of them were on the run from several similar court cases in the US , Two came to Australia and started trying to offer the same services.

Regression, hypnotic and repressed memory therapy ... be very very wary !

On a lighter note;

I notice above some discussion about altered states, trances, music, dance etc. probably some of the the oldest forms of these 'explorations' . Bit I think that getting into 'any old different state' isnt the aim here. One is specifically using Enochian tech to get into an 'Enochian realm' .... IMO it is a very unique and different one. It isnt just 'A ' technique to get you out there into a different state (heck, just do drugs, or go to a dance party or get smacked in the side of the head :) ) it is specifically to enter the 'Enochian realm' .

This might not be widely understood, as I believe, most people familiar with the system have got there via AC which is heavily biased towards working with the aethyrs and not all the forces and energies within the tablets .... where combinations of or individual 'pyramids' (squares) can be 'entered' for varieties of experience .

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

Discussion of Enochian is right and proper for this forum. However, general discussion of altered states is best suited for the Spirituality forum which is available only to subscribers. Those who wish to discuss hypnotism, trances and other states not pertaining to this thread (which actually started as a mere discussion of an event and went on to a general discussion about Enochian) are welcome to start a thread in that forum. Conversely, discussions of altered states as pertaining to Crowley, his magickal system or other things in that vein directly related to this forum are welcome, but in another thread.

I'm leaving the thread as it is but please, friends, let's focus.

Thanks

Zephyros
Thoth Forum Moderator

Flames

On a lighter note;

I notice above some discussion about altered states, trances, music, dance etc. probably some of the the oldest forms of these 'explorations' . Bit I think that getting into 'any old different state' isnt the aim here. One is specifically using Enochian tech to get into an 'Enochian realm' .... IMO it is a very unique and different one. It isnt just 'A ' technique to get you out there into a different state (heck, just do drugs, or go to a dance party or get smacked in the side of the head :) ) it is specifically to enter the 'Enochian realm' .

This might not be widely understood, as I believe, most people familiar with the system have got there via AC which is heavily biased towards working with the aethyrs and not all the forces and energies within the tablets .... where combinations of or individual 'pyramids' (squares) can be 'entered' for varieties of experience .

Hi ravenest! :)
Yes, on a lighter note...
I agree - using Enochian technique to get into an 'Enochian realm', I can only imagine, would be very different and unique. First off, there's an intention - an intent to reach a particular state, which would require a lot of prep work, dedication and focus (at least, that's my understanding). In other words, it isn't for everyone. Just getting out there into any kind of state wouldn't be the aim. Like you said, just do drugs or go to a dance party or like me, just rock back and forth while listening to music. ;) I just thought it was interesting that I didn't have an aim at all! :p Now imagine if I did have one. That might be something.

smw

More so on 'Enochian night' ..... the set up, the 'Enochian Temple' the visuals of the 'tablets' ( made large), the others committed to the working arriving (even meeting up with them outside of this ) ... even thinking ' Oh ... it's Enochian night tonight!' would be enough to change my consciousness.

So, even the 'preliminaries' are a good set up , the ritual, the squares, the calls then the specific visualisations and method we set up ......... resulted in very vivid ' journeys'.[\QUOTE]

When you say squares, I guess you mean those on the four tablets? For some reason I thought they were emerald tablets. I just re read they are elemental tablets, one for each element, fire, water, air earth. There seems to be the two areas at the evening, practical steps with the tablets and having an experiential go at scrying with the Aethyrs themselves. I don't know how much they overlap or where. There seems to be an awful lot going on with the tablets, it's a bit mind boggling all the names, hierachies and Angels, etc... or how the 18 calls relate to the 30 of the Aethyrs. From what you have described maybe you used both areas? ( I might be getting a bit confused).

( as an aside I noticed that the Kerubic square Angels are attributed to the court cards - and I wondered if the four elemental Kings of each tablet are related in someway to the titles of Knight/King).

Ravenest said:
Being an exploration of one's own psyche, one has one's own levels, triumphs and challenges in different areas , represented by one's OWN symbolic interior world. The LAST thing I am interested in is journey through Pat Zalewski's Unconscious or Crowley's Id !

yes, as you say your own inner world has it's own significant symbols and meanings for journeying through, without necessarily wanting or needing to explore others, which are relevant for them. However, I still think that moving outside of your own stuff could be interesting too. If a group was to work on a shared vision of the same material, maybe there could be the potential for some coincidences or joint (objective) experiences. That would be really fascinating. Though not the same, I read something interesting about the three secret holy names of the tablets being invoked to make a connection between the macrocism, (or realm of the collective unconscious perhaps) and the microcosm of the individual's aura to link with those elemental forces. This seems to have an element of the subjective linking to the outer in a way too.

smw

Hi ravenest! :)
Yes, on a lighter note...
I agree - using Enochian technique to get into an 'Enochian realm', I can only imagine, would be very different and unique. First off, there's an intention - an intent to reach a particular state, which would require a lot of prep work, dedication and focus (at least, that's my understanding). In other words, it isn't for everyone. Just getting out there into any kind of state wouldn't be the aim. Like you said, just do drugs or go to a dance party or like me, just rock back and forth while listening to music. ;) I just thought it was interesting that I didn't have an aim at all! :p Now imagine if I did have one. That might be something.

Hello Flames :)

I don't want to go too far off topic... just wanted to say interesting thoughts from your earlier post.

I'm not too sure though why it might be a different state of mind or trance for Enochian work as opposed to anything else. Intention too seems a general pre- requisite. Trance with a focus? I'll be watching your space, for tips :)

foolMoon

I have been reading and skimming Duquettes books recently (Enochian Vision Magick and Enochian Sex Magick), it seem no mention that the Altered Consciousness for the Magick has to be different from general trance or hypnotical state of mind.

The aim for the trance is, of course, to connect with the highest part of one's consciousness, and to meet with the angels.

Everyone used different methods for that in the history. Dee and Kelly just prayed, Mathers and Crowley did rituals maybe with the sex magick.

Dr Hyatt explains in detail how to perform modern sex magick in order to meet with the angels under the altered state of mind by powerful orgasm in his co-authored book with DuQuette, Enochian Sex Magick.

What they received and experienced must have been all different too, i gather.

smw

Dr Hyatt explains in detail how to perform modern sex magick in order to meet with the angels under the altered state of mind by powerful orgasm in his co-authored book with DuQuette, Enochian Sex Magick.

I might need a pacemaker for something like that :laugh: :bugeyed: