"Tip of the Iceberg" spread

DarkElectric

Hello Everybody!
Hey, would anyone like to try this spread out and see if it makes sense to them or not?

It's the first spread I've come up with myself, and I've had sucess with it. It's a spread to clarify situations, and identify cause and effect of situations. If you try it, Please tell me if you like it, or you think it sucks, or any other feedback you might have to fine tune it. Thanks :)

Tip of the Iceberg (by DE)

An 11 card spread, in two layouts, a large one and a small one.

_________1
________2_3 _____11
______4_5_6_7__8_9_10

Card 1-7 the situation/what it looks like, as opposed to, (or confirming) what it really is.

Card 1: First Impression
Cards 2,3: What is noticed upon closer inspection
Cards 4,5,6,7: Hidden influences/factors

Cards 8, 9, 10: the Internal- how this issue may affect the querent-

Card8- Thoughts
Card 9- Feelings
Card 10- Actions
Card 11- External effect/outcome

The way I set it up, is the bottom line is all "below the surface" stuff. Everything else is above water, so to speak. I have tried to
merge the seen with the unseen, and attempt to reveal the unseen, to give a clearer picture as to a possible course of action.
And if you need to add another card for extra clarification,lay it out above card 11. (That heightens the smoke stack on the ship.)

If you try it, let me know what you think! All input gratefully accepted!

Blessings, DE :)

Melvis

I like it, Dark Electric! It allows you to get deep into an issue, yet still gives the cards room to speak for themselves. I think I'll have to try it out with one of my new decks.

Actually, maybe I'll wait until my day off on Thursday and try it with a few of my decks.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Tarotphelia

This looks like fun! I think I have several situations I could try this out on. Maybe it could even be used to see the hidden factors in a potential relationship with another person! (could be very helpful)

Tarotphelia

Kazz

Oh DE, this is a great spread, I have been looking for a good "clarification" type spread on issues, and I am definately going to try it out.
Will let you know what I think.

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

DarkElectric

YES!
I'm so glad people are trying this spread. In fact, I did use it on a relationship issue, and got a clear answer concerning the problem. My question actually was, "am I ready to go out and find a new relationship?". The answer was..."not really", and gave insight as to why. So it apparently works for that kind of thing as well as other problems.

By the way, Melvis! Congrats on 500, love your new avatar!

nina

tried it

Hello,
I tried this spread last night, relating to a persolnal issue that I need to look at on a deeper level and have been avoiding. I thought it was a very thought-provoking experience, and am glad to add there was some unexpected optimism in it.
nice work!
-Nina

DarkElectric

I'm glad it's working for other people, I braved out and used it on another person today, and it was successful for them too. This is a good thing. The querent was the owner of a little store I will be reading for. She liked it a lot, and when customers came in, she introduced me as "Her Reader"! I've been adopted! YAY! This is also a good thing :)

SherryZoned

Glad you have been adopted!! Looks like an interesting spread!

DarkElectric

Please, feel free to try it! Ask all kinds of questions, test it out. If it holds up, yay! If it doesn't, I'll be glad to know that too.

catlin

Hi DE, I like the looks of the spread very much. I'll try it out asap.