Whats your shuffling method, why does it work for you?

Moongold

I want a shuffling machine!

An injury to my right wrist many years ago has taken some flexibility in my right thumb and fingers. My hands are quite small as well, so I find it quite hard to shuffle.

I wish there was a machine that would give the initial first shuffle and then I could handle the cards, doing what I can without dropping everything.

At the moment, if I am reading for someone else I muddle the cards on the table and make sure they are well dispersed, then I put them all upright, and then do something similar to Marion if I want reversals.

If people can invent tobacco rolling machines, why hasn't someone yet invented a small card shuffling machine?

Please, someone............. :).

catlin

Hi Moongold,
there are shuffling machines out but I don't know if they work for tarot decks as the only shuffling machines I have seen were for normal playing cards.

I usually shuffle in the way discribed by thirteen. I cannot stand it when ppl riffle my cards because this looks like abuse to me.

sharpchick

If I am reading for myself, or for someone who acts as if they have some reluctance to shuffle the cards, I shuffle at least three times. Then lay the deck down, cutting into three piles, left to right, and restacking, taking the middle pile, first, then right, then left. Then, I deal from the top. I always reshuffle after the reading and before putting the cards away.

The only time I deviate from that routine is when I am doing a one card draw - at the end of the shuffling and restacking, I fan the cards and pull the one card.

Hel

I have huge cards and small hands, which makes me a clumsy shuffler. I shuffle the card with the longest side being vertical, while thinking about the question. I shuffle as long as I feel that I need to, if I have the person I'm reading for in front of me I let them shuffle the cards too, and then ask them to pulle one card from the stack, which is the one I start with.