Quasi devination or fluke? How I found lost bag using Thoth deck reading.

vinLove

Quasi divination or fluke? How I found lost bag using Thoth deck reading.

I had this old bag bought duty free from a plane to the far east about 10 year ago .
I loved this bag so much. It is made in Germany with heavy cotton and thick leather - light brown coloured small shoulder bag. I went everywhere with it carrying my wallet and mobile phone in it at the time.

Recently I was looking for the bag, but could not find it anywhere in the house. I definitely had it in the house, but just cannot remember where I put it.

I want to keep my giant RWS card deck in it, because the original box of the RWS deck is in pretty poor state. it is about to be totally torn apart soon risking damage or loss to the cards.

Anyhow, I have been searching for the bag frantically everywhere in the house including all the rooms and even outside garage and shed for about 2 weeks, but no success.

Then I thought I would give a try asking to Tarot cards for some divine inspiration where the bag might be. I decided to use the Thoth deck from 1980s printed by AGMuller. I also have a new Thoth Deck from bought recently online, but I prefer this vintage AGMuller deck in blue box, as it has deeper and richer colour on the images of the cards.

I started with usual rituals burning incense, lighting the candles, shook my vintage school bell around the deck to clear the energy, and tap on the top of the deck with my daughters old Harry Potter Magic Wand a few times.

I also read loud a page from the old book of Common Prayer before shuffling the cards. I thought to myself that I will draw 3 cards. My question to the cards was, Is the bag in this house? If yes, where is it?

When the cards were drawn, I got

The Aeon, 7 of Disks, 4 of Disks All up right position.

The first card being The Aeon, which is a Major card and all 3 cards came upright position, I was convinced the cards were telling me the bag is definitely in the house. But where in the house?

At this point I looked into the numbers on the cards. The Aeon XX could be reduced 2. Looking into 7 Disks and 4 power can be reduced to 7+4=11. 1+1=2

My house is 2 story building. So I thought the card is telling me it is in upstairs in 2nd floor.

There are 3 rooms in upstairs so which room? When I looked into the 4x Disks card, from the shape of the yellow boxes in the large square I somehow visualised a wardrobe in one of the rooms.

From the dark colour of the 7x Disks, somehow something clicked in my head that it could be inside of the wardrobe.

I swiftly ran into upstairs, and went to the room where the wardrobe is in the corner. It is a large wardrobe, and there were lots of old stuff in there, I did not know there were that many stuff piled in the wardrobe - hundreds of old clothes, shoes and handbags of my daughter who left for university 3 year ago, she threw all her old stuff into this wardrobe before going to the university flat, buying everything new.

I took them out one by one, and when all were out, there it was, my old light brown bag stuck in the corner of the base of the wardrobe. It was a stunning experience for me, and I was quite happy to see the bag again.

I thanked the Thoth deck, and now I treat all the decks with respect. It was not the deck who told me where the bag was directly as such, I feel. But without the deck, and that particular draw, and that divine clicks gone through in my head somehow I feel that I would not have been able to find the bag for long long time, if not never.

Would this have been a sheer coincidence fluke, or there have been some sort of divination from the Thoth deck? What do you think?

PrincessPaulina

This was really fun to read -- love the Harry Potter wand! :)

I use a lot of numerology in my Tarot readings, too! It was a treat to see your reasoning sequence in this Tarot spread, and the numbers!

In my opinion, your experience is a great example of the way Divination works -- meanings click and come together, through our different associations for the visual patterns on the cards.
In a way, the cards reflect the truth into a reader's consciousness.
My opinion may not make sense to anyone but myself -- these are difficult concepts to formulate, and we all have our personal realities -- but whether "fluke" or "synchronicity", congrats on finding your bag! :)

nicky

Would this have been a sheer coincidence fluke, or there have been some sort of divination from the Thoth deck? What do you think?

Divination ! Your deck zoomed you into the information you needed. Awesome!

ravenest

I think the harry Potter wand did it ! Without that it probably would not have worked :laugh:

When you waved the wand over it, did you incant;

"Spirits of the wand of Harry Potter

I bid you break me from this dotter

and show me where my bag does hide

and I will put my big Waite inside ." ?

vinLove

Thank you~

vinLove

I think the harry Potter wand did it ! Without that it probably would not have worked :laugh:

When you waved the wand over it, did you incant;

"Spirits of the wand of Harry Potter

I bid you break me from this dotter

and show me where my bag does hide

and I will put my big Waite inside ." ?

What a lovely poetic chant. I will make a note, and use it if I am getting more similar divination from the Readings in the futre. cheers :)

sworm09

Well that depends on what you mean by "fluke", if you mean an unlikely chance occurrence or a coincidence, that's exactly what it is.

But divination, by its very nature, is about coincidences and flukes. There's nothing objective or scientific about it, and there's nothing wrong with that. From that point of view, then you performed a successful divination. All of the coincidental factors lined up and you got an answer to your question :)