The Tarot of Vampyres - Prince of Knives

WolfyJames

This male vampyre is dressed in black with golden details, and like all the other Princes, he is standing on someplace high (probably to represent air since Prince is air). He has roses as embroideries on his cloth and black feathers as well. There is even a raven behind the vampyre, probably to reinforce that this card is air of air. He is holding a white rose with his left hand and a bloody dagger with his right hand. There is a pink gem on his shirt, you have to look really close to see it. He seems full of life, ferocious, he is looking down below and he in a defensive stance, and his quick mind is already thinking about plans, battle plans.

He reminds me of Lestat de Lioncourt in the Anne Rice's vampires books.

The Tarot of Vampyres is inspired by the Thoth Tarot so this card is the Prince of Swords in the Thoth Tarot and the Knight of Swords in the RWS.

Attachments

• swords12200.jpg
    swords12200.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,257

velvetina

Is he singing or howling?I think its a combination of both..a siren song to lure & hypnotise.The pink flower was a seduction tool, but held a subtle poison in its perfume. This kept the victim alive whilst this Prince cut open a vein to drink. The victim was aware of their fate & also knew how they had been duped into the trap. This coupled with the knowledge (self-knowledge alas too late!) that if they had done the right thing, resisted temptation, they would be safe & well. This knowledge drives them mad.

The Prince despises them; he decieves himself as much. He blames his victims entirely. He doesn't acknowledge their frailty. He doesn't forgive. He shows us the arrogance that the insecure possess.

Zechariah13

Of all the princes, this one is the most volatile to me, the most dangerous. There is no subtlety, practicality, empathy or passion, just the unhidered frenzy of the wind. And what does he have to show for it? blood on his hands. I believe he's the only prince with blood on his hands

Devin

This is the card that I drew for today, and I need help with it. Maybe there's somebody else in this study group willing to give some assistance.

I do not see the prince described in the book at all in the imagery of this card and because I choose to read the images on the cards rather than memorizing their meanings.

I'm interpreting the blood on his face, the suit of swords, the color of the rose (white, with splashes of blood) to determine that this is a vampire who killed something pure, or a friend of his. None of this feels like it tells me much of anything about the person the card represents and I don't know what I'd do with it if it appeared in a reading.

Any suggestions?