Crowley Movie, screenplay by DuQuette

Strange2

(Not quite sure whether to post this here, in Announcements, or in Thoth Tarot, so moderators please move as appropriate.)

Life of Aleister Crowley Comes to the Big Screen:

03/17/2004 - SANTA MONICA, CA - (MARKET WIRE) - Michael Schrager of The Dominion Entertainment Group and Patricia Baker of The Big Picture Agency LLC have teamed to bring `Aleister Crowley: Revolt of the Magicians,` the spellbinding screenplay based on the life of Aleister Crowley, to the big screen. The screenplay of the occult world's most controversial figure is written by internationally renown occult author and Crowley expert, Lon DuQuette, and Jim Bratkowsky of Cinemagic.

Production is planned for late 2004 in England and the United States.

You can read more about it at: http://www.marketwire.com/mw/iwprf?id=64565

Don't know if there will be any Tarot-related scenes, but given than Lon DuQuette co-authored the screenplay, perhaps so. DuQuette is author of the recent "Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot", and created the "Tarot of Ceremonial Magick".

Centaur

Oooo... that should be very interesting. I am sure that Duquette will do Crowley justice. I always feel that he is ever being misrepresented and misunderstood.

C

Astraea

Wow, that should be really interesting! I agree with Centaur -- if anyone today can depict Crowley's life and ideas accurately, surely it must be DuQuette.

crystal cove

Wow!

I never expected that! If anyone can do it justice, ;) it's DuQuette.

I anxiously await the film.

Emily

I never thought they would make a film about the life of Aleister Crowley. If they stay true to the facts it should be an interesting film. :) - Now I wonder who they would get to play Crowley.

DeLani

Yay - I can't wait! I'm telling all my friends! I know DuQuette mentioned that he had written the screenplay when he came to talk, but he didn't mention that it was being produced yet. I think they should get Patrick Steward (Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard) to play Crowley. And, hey, he is British...

Astraea

I always thought that the late Alec Guinness would make a wonderful older Crowley. Jeremy Irons and Gary Oldman would be good choices for the middle years, I think, and perhaps Jude Law for Crowley as a young man.

VGimlet

I would love to see this, if the studio allows them to do it right.

Ewan MacGregor would be fabulous for Crowley in his 20's and 30's, I think.

Centaur

Perhaps Anthony Hopkins as an older Crowley?

Oh, and Judi Dench as Frieda Harris?

C

SongDeva

What about Daniel Day Lewis?
Jim Caviezel?

You know Tom Cruise would want it.
Let's see....

Russel Crowe would TOTALLY go to bat for this role.
Johnny Depp would kill for it too.

Sean Penn if he could do the accent?

Mark Wahlberg! (Ok, I'm going SOLEY based on abs, here.)

Maybe we should give Colin Firth a chance to show his dark side?
;)