Free Wise Tarot software

LightWorker

Hi, I'm new to this group so I'm not sure if anyone has posted about Wise Tarot software. It's free to download and has the Thoth and Waite deck built in. Basically you ask your question while focusing on the deck as it's shuffled by the com. Then you get your reading. Works for me anyway.

http://www.softlook.com/tarot/

aneski

Thank you for the sites! I enjoy playing on the computer with Tarot.

I don't feel it replaces holding the cards and doing a reading, but that's just me.

How do other people feel about it?

sharpchick

I much prefer actually touching and bonding with a deck - handling the cards is very much part of reading them for me.

The sites given were easy to use though. Thanks for the info.

Phantom Goddess

I prefer the old fashioned way ;)

tarotbear

hardware + software = mediumware ??

My favorite program on CDROM is "Tarot Magic" by Visionary Networks INC. Their website is www.tarotmagic.com . It is a great program with ten spreads and ten different decks. You can also fan the cards and pick them as you go, auto shuffle, or even use your real cards and plug them into the readings to see how you compare! They updated it a few years ago to XP.

HIGHLY recommended!

f. silvestris

well, I think the concept of mediumware is very appealling, but I'm still rather missing the point about these tarot programmes: I can't really connect with the cards onscreen, and don't understand why I'd want to use a computer programme instead of actually shuffling and manipulating the cards

tarotbear

"Here he comes to save the day!"

f. silvestris said:
well, I think the concept of mediumware is very appealling, but I'm still rather missing the point about these tarot programmes: I can't really connect with the cards onscreen, and don't understand why I'd want to use a computer programme instead of actually shuffling and manipulating the cards

I can think of two: Time constraints for shuffling and spreading, and time restraints for writing it all out.

Until it went belly-up, I used to get a daily reading from Annikin.com. It started out as a tarot-only reading and later became a half Tarot/half astrological thingie. originally I used to get the daily reading sent to me but as time went on you had to go to the site and 'do' it yourself.

Yes, yes, yes - cards on a computer screen are not 'shuffled'; there is nothing random in a computer program, and we all know it. However, I stopped doing my own readings because I needed a clarity of vision and a distance from myself. Yes, yes, Yes! I know that no 'live' person ever touched the cards, that it is all a machine - BUT - the accuracy of the readings were sometimes frightening. I looked forward to my daily reading and miss it horribly now that it is gone. {Ann - if you're out there reading this - I miss you!}

So, almost every day I drop the Tarot Magic CDROM into the drive and pull it up. I ask the same question every day and see what my three-card reading tells me, and then journal it.

f. silvestris

That's interesting - so the main point is that you need to signal some kind of dialectic in the reading - obviously, there's one in any case, between the cards and yourself, but drawing the cards via a computer programme adds distance to the process, makes it more impersonal ...

katie_here

tarotbear said:
I looked forward to my daily reading and miss it horribly now that it is gone. {Ann - if you're out there reading this - I miss you!}

I have a daily tarot reading sent. Its from www.tarot.com and each day I get one daily tarot card and some advice. Its a nice way to start the day.

On the theme of this thread... I downloaded the software WisTarot. I must say I was very disappointed with it, compared to some of the websites where you can do an on-line tarot reading.

Like Tarotbear, I like to shuffle and deal my own cards and would like someone else to do the meanings sometimes. I wonder if there is some software, where you can put in your own cards and get a meaning transcribed for you.

not sure if I did the right link... if not try this...

http://www.tarotadvice.com/home.asp