The Tarot Cafe

Shade

I was putting books away in the Manga section today and came across The Tarot Cafe. It is a manga collection of short stories in which a woman named Pamela reads the fortunes of various supernatural beings and we see their lives play out. The Aquarian Tarot is used and interpretations for the cards are given as footnotes. I read about half of it on my break, I am not a big fan of Manga but if I were this would probably be a must-have for me. It is surprisingly big on the minors where most tarot fiction sticks to the Death and Judgement cards.

Adjustment

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this with us. I have always seen the death card being use on novels and in a lot movies it is very unusual to see the minor being use for fiction.

Cerulean

I saw one card that looked like the LS Secrets

Regina di Coppe

http://www.gambler.ru/sukhty/decks03/d01541/d01541hQ.jpg

Similar setting to the one on page 153 in my edition of the The Tarot Cafe. The dark-haired seated woman has a different face and somewhat different dress, but the setting is almost exactly the same...

I paged through the book briefly and saw the Lovers from the Aquarian Tarot as well.

Regards,

Cerulean

Laura Borealis

I just got this, a couple of nights ago. I really liked it, especially the first story about the cat. Tragically, the next volume is not out until June! :(