same spread or do those cards have to be next to one another? A reading I
did for someone was:

position 2 - 9 swords

position 3 - 3 swords

position 5 - Death

position 9 - 10 swords

How would you read these cards as I am seeing "accident near or on water -
drowning"

Any advice please on whether I am reading them correctly?

regards

mamawitch69

Grizabella

I don't see anything there that I would associate with an accident on or near water or drowning. Maybe if you had given a little more background on the reading and given us the rest of the cards in the reading it would help.

MercyMe

How come you have two positions for "others"? What's the difference?

~Mercy

mamawitch69

tarot combinations

Hi again,

I can't give you the rest of the cards - I freaked somewhat as the person is very close to me. I know bad mistake! The spread was given to me by someone who does Tarot readings professionally, the second "others" is just added, I don't know why.

Regards.

Mamawitch69

tiggerchic

Hi, welcome to town!,
I was just reading your post and thought I would reply. When I do a reading either for myself or someone else, I tend to use my intuition to read the cards as well as the layout. The cards do not always have to be next to each other to directly relate to each other. If I feel very strongly about a combanation of cards I go with it.
There are layouts that say in their instructions that certain card positions (not placed next to each other) may corrolate with each other.
As for the cards you posted it's hard to say what they could mean w/o the rest of the layout.
I hope this helps you! :)
Karen

catlin

Difficult

I also think it pretty difficult to give advice on just the few cards given. Would you mind posting the whole spread to prevent misinterpretation?

Grizabella

Well, I associate swords with air and intellect, not water, so I don't see anything there that indicates water or drowning. Death doesn't always mean physical death. It more often indicates profound psychological change or an ending of another sort rather than actual physical death. Considering the swords, I'd say maybe Death would mean a profound change in the person's outlook on something. Maybe a spiritual awakening, although I usually consider Judgment to be an indication of that. That's the best I can do without knowing the rest of the cards.

mamawitch69

combos

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query. I find the site extremely helpful and am so glad I came upon it. Look forward to reading more "gems".

Kind regards.