using the Tarot for communication..

Atcandela

Yesterday my beloved feline familiar passed on.
And wanted to ask if anyone has used the Tarot for communicating with a deceased soul.

I used the tarot while he was living as a means to further understand what his soul was feeling.
Now would like to know if this can be extended into the afterlife.

I do not want to use the Ouija Board as that is a different spiritual tool that I feel one must be in a strong
mind space and have a powerful will..of which I'm currently not in.

any thoughts???

Moonbow

Hello Atcandela

I'm sorry to hear this news.

I haven't used Tarot for this type of thing myself but I know that others have. If you are looking for a spread to use perhaps the Spreads Index can help.

Moonbow*

Atcandela

Thank you for your thoughts..

I looked at the spreads and didn't see anything, but just went back and
found a thread about doing such layouts.

Would like to know of other's experience with such readings.
and would love to share feedback..

~A~

I'm sorry to hear this news.

I haven't used Tarot for this type of thing myself but I know that others have. If you are looking for a spread to use perhaps the Spreads Index can help.

Moonbow*[/QUOTE]

Hemera

well, yes..

In my experience tarot (and many other forms of divination) can certainly be extended into the afterlife. I personally believe there are no boundaries for tarot.
Another more important question in my opinion is, wether you really should extend your queries into the afterlife? What good will it do?
Maybe, instead of searching such information we should cultivate trust in the Goddess/God/Universe/afterlife itself? Maybe it would be wiser to just let sorrow and acceptance come?

Having said this, I must confess that I have used tarot in many ways, including communicating with a deceased soul. It works.
So, if that is something you just NEED to do now, then just go ahead!

Hemera

maybe

Maybe you should design your own spread for this instead of using ready made spreads? I´d spend hours/ days on carefully planning my own special spread for this kind of thing.

Atcandela

Would love to create a layout of my own, but at this time I don't feel
very clear minded to create one.

By trying a layout or 2 based on this I can best find a way to create
a layout for communicating or something similar.

;) ~A~

May I ask what spread you used or recommend?

hemera said:
Maybe you should design your own spread for this instead of using ready made spreads? I´d spend hours/ days on carefully planning my own special spread for this kind of thing.

Hemera

modified CC is good

I often use the Celtic Cross where I just re-name the positions. For example position 3 ("root cause") could be the card which gives the root cause for the passing away just when it happened.. Position 8 is often called "outside environment" and it could describe the environment/general feeling surrounding the deceased right now (in the afterlife), etc.
You should first write all these positions in your tarot Journal and give them new meanings and think about all the things you want to know..

Another very simple spread I have used is just 7 cards in a row, where the one in the middle is the passing away card. The 3 ones before that are about this life and the 3 after it are about afterlife.

Crowqueen

(((Atcandela)))

Survival evidence is used - and useful - in the grieving process - I know someone who recently lost his son, and everyone expected him to be distraught. In fact he seems eerily serene and even quite cheerful - a sign that possibly his grief process has been augmented by knowing his son may be bodily dead, but his soul lives on. Similarly my grandmother says that when she needs the answer to a question that was part of his expertise or responsibility, spending some time alone with a photograph of my grandfather usually allows her to channel his thoughts. I'm not sure she'd openly admit to it being anything more than just thinking about what he would do himself in the situation, but the way she focuses on one particular photograph as if in meditation when she asks his advice suggests that she definitely feels his presence around her as an external object.

If you used it to communicate with your cat in life, it would probably still work for it now it is in Spirit.

Atcandela

Survival evidence for communicating..

I did find a layout for communicating with a deceased soul...in my
case *feline *.
I used the "guardian angel" layout found in the tarot spread thread.
I did this reading 2.5 days after my familiar died and was laid to rest
the very same day.

I have to say the reading brought me to tears as all the cards were in
cups and to a "T" exactly stated my thoughts, feelings, and my own spirit
state. The closing card was the "Magician" which states a message from your "guardian angel". I knew this was from Rageous as this came up as a closing card when I had done a reading (a month earlier) on how he was healing from his injury.

I do have a "little memorial" alter with his photo and candles inside
and out on his grave, He was buried a few feet outside in a lovely garden. So I'm hoping his nearby "presence" will have him feel very much at home, and not as a distant lost spirit.

I will continue to use the Tarot as an extended means of communicating
with my familiar until deemed otherwise.

Has anyone done this for a deceased pet? if so would love to hear your
experience.

~A~

Astraea Aurora

Sorry for that news. I can totally understand why you want to do this for your feline.

I haven`t done this for my cats, but some weeks ago for my grandma, exactly at the day of her dead three years ago. It wasn`t easy for me, but know I know she`s alright and she will soon re-appear on this good planet. This helped me a lot, to know she will come back (it was a combination of the 6 of Swords, VII Chariot and XXI World).

I guess I couldn`t do that for now for my cats. Although they died one and one and a half years ago I feel I`m not ready for that. If you feel like doing a reading for your feline, do it. Trust your inner vioce, it will always help you. Good luck!