delayed tarot reading...

Atcandela

I did a reading a week ago for a friend of a mine in regards to a new
business venture. But haven't been able to share my interpretation of
the reading to him.
I did a 9 card reading that was somewhat detailed.
Should I do another reading or get this to him when I next can?

I'm guessing there is a reasonable time frame when relaying information
from a reading??

Moonbow

Personally, I don't feel the need to re-read about the same subject. I would send him the reading you did and if he comes back with questions you could expand on the reading then if need be.

I'll move this to Talking Tarot, for others to reply as the Spreads forum is about new spreads and not so much discussion goes on there.

major_minority

I'd go ahead and give him the results of your first reading, but be sure to mention that it's sort of old. Then ask him if it helps, or if his situation has changed and he'd like another one.

minimonster777

I agree with major_minority on this one.

If the spread was from, say, less than two weeks ago, the situtation might be pretty much the same (I'm assuming) and there wouldn't be too much need to do another spread. If the spread is older, or if you know that the situation has advanced rapidly, then you might want to do another spread, if for nothing else than to set your mind at ease and compare with the earlier spread. Perhaps a three-card-spread to see any new influences.

raheli

Hi
I often HAVE to leave things a few days because my mind won't get a grip on what is really going on!
:)
r.

Crowqueen

Give him the original spread and see whether you are able to make sense of it in the intervening time, since often tarot is like Nostradamus' predictions: gobbedegook at the time, but suddenly BAM! it hits you what it actually meant (I have a book published ten years ago ridiculing his prophecy that New York could ever go up in flames and suggesting another "new city" on the same latitude in Serbia of all places - famous last words :()! Then go through another spread with him there if possible as to how the situation might develop from here.

For me tarot is a predictive tool and often the cards have only meant something a day or a week after I cast them. We are far too coy about admitting that - particularly if we are doing a spread with an express wish to see into the future, but even if we don't specifically ask for it - and need to admit the ability of tarot to predict our future (hence using it with caution and respect).