No support system

NamasteIndia

Reading in the mall is a good idea! Maybe you don't need to ask for permission; if it has a table to sit at, or a bench to sit on, you can say that you're waiting for someone if asked, or that you're playing a game and that you'll be done soon.

Where I live there are public spaces like libraries and parks - you could read there, too, if there is something similar.
It's really rough that you have to pawn your mother's jewellery to support him. It sounds like he could use some support for himself on how to help out with the household.

Are there any open public spaces, like a square, a park, a church, a library, a courtyard?
Maybe you can ask other people in your country how they start businesses for themselves. For example, some of my friends started running a store. I bet that if I asked them I could use the store space while they are closed.

The park idea i was also thinking about it would work well. But i need someone to sit with me.

Its just not my country culture to sit alone in park that too trying to offer reading people would find it offensive.

I think i need to hire someone and pay them some fee just to sit with me.

But such ideas are tough to execute given the social scenario here.

AnemoneRosie

You have every right to feel so low - it sounds like things are really difficult for you right now!
You did really well to reach out here. I wonder if it's possible to reach out for support (not just about your business, but about how difficult life is for you right now) within your home country? It doesn't have to be this hard, and no one is able to survive being this alone for so long.

I'm not saying sit in a park and wait. Do things like flyer, or advertise, or word of mouth. Donate your services. Only go in the park once you already have a client - sitting around is no fun anyway!

CrystalSeas

getting clients is fine. but i need a place where i can sit regularly.

Perhaps you can make arrangements with a cafe owner: They let you sit regularly and in exchange you advertise that you will be there and you share part of what money you make each time.

You can work with them in mutual support

Grizabella

i am not ready to teach yet. i am interested in reading

i feel its my life purpose or higher call to read

but opportunities are sublime

I'm very spiritually attuned I think you could say, and what I do is ask that I be given whatever it is I need. Since you feel it's your life calling to read, then ask that you be led to the proper place and time that you should be reading for others. I know it sounds too simple but I'm really heartfelt and serious that this is something important and I know it does work.

The park idea i was also thinking about it would work well. But i need someone to sit with me.

Its just not my country culture to sit alone in park that too trying to offer reading people would find it offensive.

I think i need to hire someone and pay them some fee just to sit with me.

But such ideas are tough to execute given the social scenario here.

Maybe this is the way you could involve your husband. :) Have him nearby and he could be reading a book or doing a small project with his hands if he has any. If he hasn't, maybe he should develop a hobby like that.

I really wish I could help in some way. Believe me, I know what it's like to be struggling so hard for every penny. I haven't sold any jewelry yet, but I've come close. I read online, though, in addition to in person so I often have that to rely on at times when the going gets tough.

zhadee

I am so sorry to read about your struggles.
How about asking a hairdresser? People have to wait for their turn, and you could read in a semi-public atmosphere.

nisaba

getting clients is fine. but i need a place where i can sit regularly.

Cafes? Bars? Restaurants? Spiritual shops? Clothing shops? Hairdressers? Your country *must* have most of those. If you don't see readers sitting in them, all the better - they have time-and-space for you.