Strength as love potential

Wonderwoman

moderndayruth, berrieh, could you explain how Strength signifies a Reunion? Very curious over here .... Ww :)

berrieh

I'll admit I hadn't thought of it, really, though when I read it in moderndayruth's post above, something in my head sort of went, 'hmm...' and I wanted to look it up. Lo and behold, I (digitally, as my journal is a Word doc) flipped to several readings where I'd predicted reunions, they had occurred, and the Strength card was heavily involved in reading it as such.

I think it has to do with steady passion under the surface?
Strength is all about energy that is not evident on the surface, but very much in play... so, I could see how it would logically work out that way.
It is also about waiting for something, patience, loyalty, etc.

As noted above by Inana, the relationship between the lion and the woman is well-developed and an important part of the card, so it often indicates a relationship with a past.

Incidentally, with those readings...so far as I know, those reunions have worked out swimmingly (none of them were me personally). A couple have gotten married since. :) So, I say: Good call, moderndayruth!

re-pete-a

It is also a card of mental discipline,of the spirit over the lower passions,of love over passions,self control.Letting love rule,the higher over the lower.
________

moderndayruth

Wonderwoman said:
moderndayruth, berrieh, could you explain how Strength signifies a Reunion? Very curious over here .... Ww :)

Lol, quite simple actually - i had it as outcome card in such situations and as i journal my readings i picked it up ;)
I think it's more like 'learning by doing' with me :D
Mind that i am the person that knowing RWS&clones 2oW meanings, both tradional and unconventional ones, unmistakably gets it in readings for the www, online relationships, bussiness etc. - anything that has to do with the net :eek: :bugeyed: :confused:
Honestly, it's very few cards that have this weird meanings to me - maybe only two or three apart from those i mentioned already, but i learned when choosing between the intuitive interpretation and the usual ones on those- to stick with the first one :D

Cactus

I'd see Strength as a quality you would need to develop for this relationship. You could see it as one that could be a bit turbulent and would need someone with patience to calm "the beast" (meaning one would be perhaps a bit fiery-tempered).

balenciaga

It looks like the type of relationship requires an extreme amount of self- control for whatever reason - maybe the 2 people cannot express themselves openly and must 'hold it in'.

Sar

balenciaga said:
It looks like the type of relationship requires an extreme amount of self- control for whatever reason - maybe the 2 people cannot express themselves openly and must 'hold it in'.

Like a husband who are in love with his wifes friend and she with him too?

xhollysue

I got strength as my "current situation" with my boyfriend once, and this is what I learned from it:

Something that appears scary, and appears to be the "beast" can actually become a friend and a powerful point in the relationship. Let's take, for example, Chuck's obsession with World of Warcraft. I can see that as the beast that consumes 80 hours a week of his time, or I learn how to play the game, and see it as quality time that he and I can spend together working towards a common (although imaginary) goal, and socializing with others. Do I try to kill the beast, or do I make it my friend?

As a sagittarius (and Chuck, my boyfriend, is also a sag) I have a knack for compromise, and for making the man and the beast become one - aka the centaur. So this actually works very well in our relationship, because we're both predisposed to make peace.

In my experience, the strength card teaches us that the greatest strength appears as we turn our enemies into our friends, our fears into our motivation, and our stepping stones in our stairway to heaven. And what relationship lacks fears, stepping stones, and perhaps even enemies?

Keep in mind that we can never turn the lion into a man, a butterfly, or a delicious saag platter. You can never change the nature of something else. BUT - your power, MY power, lies in influencing it's disposition towards me. Not through manipulation, if that were the case, the girl on the card would be leading him into a trap with a rabbit's carcass or something. But through the power of love and acceptance.

Grizabella

I think of this situation if you're applying it to a romance:

Think of a man who is the rough "wilderness" kind of guy. A man who prefers the company of men exclusively, devotes his time to hunting and fishing and hanging out with the guys. Doesn't date. Maybe he just gets drunk and has a one-night stand with someone he forgets about or maybe doesn't even remember the next day.

Then he meets a woman who strikes his heart strings. A very Tower experience for him. Because she's gentle, kind and loving, though, and because he knows she's much different than the women he's used to using and leaving behind, he'd do anything in the world for her and he knows she won't accept his roughness and oafish nature.

So there you have it---I guess it's like someone else said. Beauty and the Beast. But it could certainly work the other way around if a woman without any class were to meet and fall for a man of a higher social class than her so that she suddenly realized how unpolished she was and made every effort to "clean up her act".

balenciaga

Sar said:
Like a husband who are in love with his wifes friend and she with him too?

Certainly:eek:
Please do not throw any frying pans just yet. You would need more than the Strength card to fill in the gaps:)