Illusion (The Moon) and the Ace of Cups

werewolfmoon

Tarot of the Old Path
Five card reading
General day question

Illusion (the Moon) clarified by the Ace of Cups came up in the present position, I'm a wee bit stumped by this combo. I initially read it as love yourself and your dreams?? Believe in your intuition?

I am very tired, my brain is leaking out of my ears and I need Helllllllllllllp!

lilac04

If it were a general day reading for myself I would say - allow yourself to be inspired by your imagination and allow it to manifest through how you feel throughout the day. Offer it up to others in whatever way you see fit emotionally. Guess it depends where you're at too! Although, I would love to hear what others have to say!

hionic

I would take it as a message from our subconscious that wake you up powerful but unexpected feelings. Maybe the person have them and never noticed, or maybe something happened that made them emerge.

Another interpretation would be to explore ourselves, believing in our intuition, to recognize what we really feel, or the reason, or maybe just the person that made us wake them up.

nisaba

Tarot of the Old Path
Five card reading
General day question

Illusion (the Moon) clarified by the Ace of Cups came up in the present position, I'm a wee bit stumped by this combo. I initially read it as love yourself and your dreams?? Believe in your intuition?

I am very tired, my brain is leaking out of my ears and I need Helllllllllllllp!

Or perhaps it is a warning: the client doesn't love a real person, they love what this person stands for, to them. Or they have a habit of trying to remake lovers into what they want, under the illusion that "they can change them".

I'd say they are setting themselves up for a lifetime of heartache until such time as they learn to break with the illusions of moon-shadows, and start dealing with and loving flawed humans as they really are.

PAMUYA

I read this as things are not as they appear, emotions are not in check

hionic

But if the feelings for the person are just an illusion I think we are not talking about the Ace of cups, at least not in the right side.

nisaba

The Ace Cups are telling you that it's feelings that are the illusion (Moon), not thoughts or impressions or written records or anything else.

werewolfmoon

Or perhaps it is a warning: the client doesn't love a real person, they love what this person stands for, to them. Or they have a habit of trying to remake lovers into what they want, under the illusion that "they can change them".

I'd say they are setting themselves up for a lifetime of heartache until such time as they learn to break with the illusions of moon-shadows, and start dealing with and loving flawed humans as they really are.

Thanks that makes sense, my client is a bit of a dreamer and does have a crush on an unavailable man she admitted to me after the reading.

Artemis8

Moon, Ace of Cups

Moon's one of the big baddies. Combined with Ace of Cups, definite no-no IMHO. Evil, lies, deceit, illusions, hidden secrets, not good. Notice the dog running in bad company.