A curious experiment....

Cerulean

Wytchwood...and others...

...this was very helpful to me, just one week! Hope to hear from others.

But I had to move on...wavered between the Victoria Regina and Celestial...I had spent a bit of time off and on with the Celestial deck and book and a National Public Radio (U.S.) quiz show with constellations and word puzzles...I was naming them because of my familiarity from the tarot deck.

A stellar sign to me to use the Celestial for now...and I took a photograph of it at my 'reading table' with some impulse-buy six lavendar rosebuds...and the picture and flowers really inspire me to linger and do a reading or two in a pretty tabletop...now I can say I have learned from the book as well have been inspired by the pretty pictures...makes me feel that I'm inspired to be creative and involved with my readings... I picked some flowering sage and some old roses for the kitchen and plan to keep on the sunny side of things while the flowers last...the cards jumping out at me include Empress, 2 of cups, that nice feeling.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

wytchwood

Hello all, and nice to see some people taking up the challenge! I've ordered the BBC, so I'll keep you posted when it arrives adn I get started...

Zoe xx

Queen of Disks

I got the Tarot of Prague from Bershka right in the middle of the week with the Quest, so the ToP kept begging for attention and distracting me from the Quest. So I'm moving to the Tarot of Prague and have been having a good time. (I do NOT have the attention span for a IDS!)

ilweran

I guess I'm inadvertently participating since I bought the Mystic Faeries :D Not a 'me' deck at all but it is pretty much demanding that I use it and not put it in the collection. It's being very practical and doing, which I probably need as I'm more the thinking sort.

I did ask it how our house hunting was going to go over the next few weeks - not well it said. Next day my fiancé broke his finger playing cricket and won't be driving for this week at least, so we can't get to any houses to view them!

I still can't say that I actually like this deck, but it does seem to work for me so far.

wytchwood

Ok, the cats are here, ponsing around in their fancy clobber, lording it left, right and centre. You know what this means guys... I said I would use it exclusively for one week and so from now until next Tuesday it is the only deck I shall use.

It's actually done very well, but for me it's still ridiculous, I mean- it's cats in posh clothes!!

I shall be reporting back once I get stared with some readings, but I will be pretty busy today, (clearing out clothes- oh no! and putting the tipi tent up for the first time to test it) so it will probably be later this evening if anyone wants to mozy on over to the reading exchange.....

Zoe xx

wytchwood

Ok, the first batch of readings is up, still waiting for feedback on some of them, but so far so good. It reads really well for me. I am a bit flummoxed by this whole thing. Wht can I read with this deck (I still haven't started liking it) but I can't read with the Albano Waite I bought last week which I really like ?????? :confused:

Zoe xx

wytchwood

Well things are going exactly as I expected, as inexplicable as I may still find the whole thing. I am finding the deck enjoyable to use and it is reading like an old favourite, I seem to look past the cats in their finery and see beautiful scenes, and the joyful cards are so full of happiness, it's the lightness and colour I think, and the 'sad' or warning type cards seem equally expressive and give off the appropriate vibes for their meanings. I am even already reading into the layers, getting intuitive insights, as much if not more than I do with my favourite decks.

This is all highly peculiar, as I still would not say I *like* the deck, it is, after all a cat deck, and I've never understood why there are so many cat decks and cat deck fans. I love cats, but I still don't get the cat deck thing. So, perhaps there is more to this. I knew I would love reading with this deck and that I would get on well with it despite my misgivings about the style. Maybe I get less distracted by it than I would by a deck I loved the pictures on.

Zoe xx

morticia monroe

Wytchwood,

I am enjoying this thread so much that I've decided to go for it. I'm not actually going to use the deck that is on the opposite end of my spectrum because I'm not really sure what that deck IS (normally I would have said anything Marseilles, but since I've recently aquired and used Il Tarocco Bizzarro, my mind has been changed. I LOVE that deck!).

I have decided instead to use the deck in my collection that I find the least appealing. One that I purchased and hated from the get-go. Why? I don't know. I just looked at it and went "yuck".

That deck is the Cosmic.

So I begin my work with the Cosmic, not with a hand extended in friendship, but more like an "I'll meet you halfway" attitude. At least we won't be circling one another, snarling, like our past encounters.

Up and out of sight go my beloved companions of late. The BG, Ator, International Icon and Tarocco Bizzarro have been temporarily sidelined.

Off I go to blow the dust off the Cosmic and get down to it....

wytchwood

Great MM, it's nice to have some company! So far I am the only one mad enough to buy a deck I don't want especially for an experiment, but there's more than one way to do it, and it's nice to have others join in in their own way.

Zoe xx

Aerin

Well, I wouldn't have bought the Liber T any time soon if it hadn't been for this thread.

I find it surprisingly easy to read with, but I can't say I'll ever love it e.g. can't imagine ever wanting a tarot bag with an image on. I like the style of the artwork but not often the subject matter.

Aerin