Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

rwcarter

2_Journey said:
:eek: That would be cheating! :eek: :p
But of course I meant after your IDS is over! ;)

Seriously I was thinking long term not immediate term. I should've been clearer about that.

Rodney

2_Journey

rwcarter said:
But of course I meant after your IDS is over! ;)

Seriously I was thinking long term not immediate term. I should've been clearer about that.

Lol - I know. I was just teasing you. It is a good suggestion, though. When my IDS is overwith, I think I will probably get a deck to use exclusively for reading for others. I do it so rarely anyway.

For now, though, I am happy with the Four Elements. What can I say? I'm greedy. I want it all to myself. ;)

Onyx

I am in an open relationship with my deck

The first time I did this IDS thing I was exclusive and it was good but toruture too. I am looking at taking my studies with the Liber T farther and deeper than ever before. It will be my primary deck but if I need to take a break there are plenty of other decks in my collection that I can fool around with in the short term. But for the year this is my deck. This is the one I study, practice with and carry around on my person. I will look at the images every day.

I would strongly suggest that if someone hasn't gone exclusive for a time to try it. It can be very overwhelming, enlightening, frustrating and in the end for me it did cement my relationship with the Liber T.

I have committed to Daily Draws with the Liber T, 365 for the year. I think that there are times when I am going to do draws for the week and that will count. I may do draws after the week to see how that goes too. I am going to post on my blog every week about my study as well. I am going to do readings with it and it will be my default deck.

But I am certain there will come a time when I will need to see different images and try out other decks.

It's only cheating if its not allowed. . . that I why I love this forum because we are able to make our own rules. If for you it is against the rules then don't do it. For me straying away every once in a while will be healthy.

Onyx.

ariela

Grumpy........

I am so overwhelmed with the Transparent. I have found that as I study each individual card that sometimes I feel like somethings missing and that I just can't put myself in the card. Traditional meanings fly out of my head because they really don't make a whole lot of sense to the card. It's when I put them together as a filmstrip or a CI that I "get it". Well, sometimes. I am having a horrible time with the minors, some of them I just don't get. The court cards almost look the same to me except holding different tools. I almost want to trim this deck but, I don't want to ruin it. I find the boarders distracting. What's with all the swirls too. I find that I am trying to read something into the swirls when maybe they are just there. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.

rwcarter

ariela,

Having worked with the Transparent more than probably anyone on AT other than Em (the creator) has, here's what I've come up with. Hopefully it will help you too.

First I tried reading the deck completely intuitively. I find that works best with the pips, so-so with the Majors and not at all with the Courts. The sameness of the images in the Courts doesn't help with intuitive interpretations, especially if the card isn't interacting with the other cards in the CI.

So now I'm trying a mixture of intuitive and "traditional" meanings with the Majors and Courts. I don't think I've found the perfect mixture (yet!) but it helps.

For the 7P, for example, I get none of the RWS meanings for the card. Instead I see the figure as juggling responsibilities. And in a reading I just did that had the 7P and KS in the same CI, the pentacles appeared to be distractions that were being thrown up in front of the King to stop him from doing what he was intent to do.

But for the Hierophant, you have this big a** tree. OK. And then what? Sometimes that tree can represent an impediment. Other times it can represent growth or roots. And sometimes I have to revert back to my RWS meaning of tradition.

If you haven't checked out the Study Group and Daily Draws threads for this deck, you should. There are lots of images attached to posts so you can see what people are basing their interpretations on. (Of course you have the deck and can form the CIs yourself.)

IMHO, It's a great deck and worth the investment to wring the best out of it (and you) that you can.

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

"What's with the swirls?"??? lol!!!

I like swirls :)

Sorry...

nicky

A friend asked for a reading tomorrow.. and I am going to bring my Thoth, which means pretty much flying blind at this point. Hey, I made a commitment here with the IDS so I can blame you guys if I end up being pathetic.

Nicky

wish me luck!

rwcarter

Nicky,

If you start to draw blanks, try reading the image instead of the card. What's the figure doing? What's the mood? Is the figure looking at another card or at you/the Querent? If that doesn't help try applying the keywords on the Minors to the question.

Let us know how it goes.

Rodney

nicky

Wow. Well it was a leap of faith that's for sure.. I kept myself from using the mental RWS images in my head and I think I did pretty dang great :)

The real truth is there was so much more I would be able to address once I get through the study but there is so much in that deck that even scratching the surface was helpful to my 'sitter'.

I am so gonna love this deck I may never go back to anything else..

rwcarter

nicky said:
A friend asked for a reading tomorrow.. and I am going to bring my Thoth, which means pretty much flying blind at this point. Hey, I made a commitment here with the IDS so I can blame you guys if I end up being pathetic.
The forecast was for flying blind and being pathetic.

nicky said:
I think I did pretty dang great
And the reality turned out to be completely different. Hmmm.... I think you have a great career ahead of you as a weather person.... :laugh:

I'm glad it went well. :thumbsup:

Rodney