Six of cups?

Grizabella

In the Six of Cups a slightly older child hands a cup to a slightly younger child. My first question to you is :did you see yourself as the older, or the younger child?

Since the card must have been rightside up it says you want to set out on your own but the knowledge of what you know and the 'known' (the younger child) has made you pause, even as you are ready to cross that bridge or whatever your deck has in the background.

If the card was reversed, or if you saw yourself as the younger child, I would say you want to make that crossing but now might not be the best time.

Did you pull any other cards? What did they say?

This is a good point.

You can also try a 'U' shaped spread where you ask for insight into two outcomes, such as "Can I have some insight into what may happen is I stay home, and what may happen if I leave home?" The first question is up one side and the second question is up the other side:

layout in this order:
5 --- 6
3 --- 4
- 1 2

Read 1,3,5 as first question; read 2,4,6 as second question.

Hope this helps~!

Tarot is good at saying "maybe" or "probably" rather than yes or no, although there have been times when I could tell the card/cards drawn were saying "oh, hell no!" I use this spread as a "what if I do/what if I don't" spread. This helps the sitter to figure out which is the most expedient or appropriate choice for them. All decisions have positive and negative consequences and this spread can help in sorting out which set of consequences you can best live with. :)

Edward Tarot Hands

As leaving home is generally a sign of growing up maybe you are seeing the card as if you were looking at your old child self, the innocence, the protection, the absence of responsibility. Maybe this is how your parents view you?
Six is the first perfect number it also symbolises completion, perhaps this period of your life is complete?
I think in your heart you know what to do and that is to leave home, but the ide of your parents is holding you back.
Your card is reflecting this

Oh yes...
I was using The Morgan Greer deck...