Book of Faeries

a_shikhs

I've been thinking of making a 'Book of Faeries', something similar to a Book of Shadows, but instead of witchy stuff, there will be faery stuff. :D Any ideas, suggestions as to what should I include in the book? I've been thinking maybe meditations, faery experiences, faery quotes, a few chocolate recipes (don't know why but I think I hear the fae shouting, "We want chocolate!") :p

any other ideas you can think of? Has anyone made a faery book before?

lalalibra

I know you posted this while ago, but I am wondering if you ever got around to doing this? I really like the idea!

I've thought of doing something similar. I was thinking of starting a notebook for my card meaning interpretations, and perhaps supplementing such a notebook with the things you described... it could be done by dividing the notebook into different sections; reserving a page or two for each card, and having the rest of the notebook to play with. It would be a lot of work, but if you are like me and intend on using the cards forever and ever, it would be a nice thing to build upon.

If you enjoy drawing, you could draw faeries and things of nature like flowers, nuts, trees.. Or you could glue in pictures of the same thing, or things that remind you of faeries.

thirdlibra

I'm starting one. I was given a gorgeous handmade leather book with a moonfaerie sitting on the cover, and it shall be my Book of Faerie. It has 5 sections (well, groups of pages). 3 will be card interpretations, 1 maybe faerieish spreads, and the last will be faeriesh inspiration and love for when I'm down. Poetry maybe.

lalalibra

I'm starting one. I was given a gorgeous handmade leather book with a moonfaerie sitting on the cover, and it shall be my Book of Faerie. It has 5 sections (well, groups of pages). 3 will be card interpretations, 1 maybe faerieish spreads, and the last will be faeriesh inspiration and love for when I'm down. Poetry maybe.

That sounds so lovely!!

& Poetry sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm sure the faeries would love to chime in ;)

Also, I know I mentioned drawing them before, but I think it would be cool to include actual pressed leaves/flowers. In Autumn, I like pressing leaves that have already fallen from the trees because they are so dry that they flatten out in a day or two sitting in a book. Though I do recommend pressing them initially in a separate heavy book, because pressing fresh leaves/petals can take a while and can ruffle/stain pages in the process.

celticnoodle

I know you posted this while ago, but I am wondering if you ever got around to doing this? I really like the idea!

I've thought of doing something similar. I was thinking of starting a notebook for my card meaning interpretations, and perhaps supplementing such a notebook with the things you described... it could be done by dividing the notebook into different sections; reserving a page or two for each card, and having the rest of the notebook to play with. It would be a lot of work, but if you are like me and intend on using the cards forever and ever, it would be a nice thing to build upon.

If you enjoy drawing, you could draw faeries and things of nature like flowers, nuts, trees.. Or you could glue in pictures of the same thing, or things that remind you of faeries.

oh, this does sound lovely, lalalibra. I love the faeries myself. I never thought to do something like this, but now you & a_shiks have somewhat inspired me.

lalalibra

oh, this does sound lovely, lalalibra. I love the faeries myself. I never thought to do something like this, but now you & a_shiks have somewhat inspired me.

Yay, how exciting!! I have yet to begin mine as I still haven't found the right notebook.

Also, I wanted to add that some may find GLITTER to be very useful addition, perhaps :)