Faery books... connecting to the faery realms

lalalibra

I hope it's alright for me to start this thread here... I thought it should be fine since many people working with these decks have a genuine belief in faeries. The Faeries Oracle book especially contains introductory information on faeries, how to work with them, connect with their wisdom, etc. & many I'm sure use the decks with that intention.

I would like to ask if there are any other books (or even films & other sources) about faeries that you have read, particularly ones you especially enjoy, or that you found most helpful in expanding your knowledge, or in opening your mind & heart to the fae? Books by Brian Froud himself, but also by other authors?

I'm seeking an even deeper connection with faeries and I would love to learn more. Of course much of that comes by personal exploration & experience, but I would like to know of any resources that may have helped you in supporting such a connection in your own life, or even more simply, in understanding how to work with these decks on a deeper level.

Even comments on how your path unfolded deeper into understanding and connecting with the fae would be met with much interest and appreciation, as doing so is what I'm seeking through these book recommendations... perhaps you haven't relied on outside sources for particular circumstances or reasons?

Thank you! :)

GypsyFaerie

For what you are wanting to get out of it, I would recommend Enchantment of the Faerie Realm: Communicate with Nature Spirits and Elementals by Ted Andrews

Richard

You might enjoy my favorite fantasy novel, Little, Big. Here is a brief synopsis. Here is a short review. The presence and influence of the fairies in the story is subtle but pervasive.

I "believe" in fairies.

Zephyros

As a child, I read an amazing book called Legends from Fairyland by Holme Lee, Reginald Knowles, Horace Knowles, Effie H . Freemantle. I kept it for years and years but then it was lost, but I loved it so much! I can't say enough how I loved this book, and it's all about fairies!

lalalibra

For what you are wanting to get out of it, I would recommend Enchantment of the Faerie Realm: Communicate with Nature Spirits and Elementals by Ted Andrews

Interesting, thank you! There are mixed reviews online for this book. I suppose I may just have to see it for myself to decide if it is helpful. But it looks pretty good. Have you read it?

I have only one book about faeries that I've started reading, called "The Healing Power of Faery: Working with Elementals and Nature Spirits to Soothe the Body and Soul," by Edain McCoy.. It's focus is on faery shamanism, and I'm really enjoying it so far!

You might enjoy my favorite fantasy novel, Little, Big. Here is a brief synopsis. Here is a short review. The presence and influence of the fairies in the story is subtle but pervasive.

I "believe" in fairies.

How perfect! I've been really interested in fantasy novels lately, and this one seems very intriguing. And whether or not it's a main focus, I've always been fascinated with stories that suppose a dystopian future... I'm really excited to find this book! Thanks again!

Also, excellent point made with those quotations.. hee hee! :)
I "believe" in them as well.

As a child, I read an amazing book called Legends from Fairyland by Holme Lee, Reginald Knowles, Horace Knowles, Effie H . Freemantle. I kept it for years and years but then it was lost, but I loved it so much! I can't say enough how I loved this book, and it's all about fairies!

Seems like a wonderful book to have read as a child. It makes me smile to think of how much joy it's brought you! Thank you for sharing.

GypsyFaerie

Interesting, thank you! There are mixed reviews online for this book. I suppose I may just have to see it for myself to decide if it is helpful. But it looks pretty good. Have you read it?

I have not read it per se but I have flipped through it and it has exercises to connect with the faeries and nature spirits. Those exercises are on my to do list.

Also I really likeEdain McCoy for anything Celtic or fairy related

lalalibra

I have not read it per se but I have flipped through it and it has exercises to connect with the faeries and nature spirits. Those exercises are on my to do list.

Also I really likeEdain McCoy for anything Celtic or fairy related

Nice, thank you so much! :)

Carla

Faery Craft by Emily Carding

I happen to be reading Faery Craft by Emily Carding right now. It's a good book as an introduction to working with faery, and also has some information on faery community, with interviews with such luminaries as Brian and Wendy Froud, et al. Lots of photographs of faery community members in their sparkly costumes. Many tips and exercises for meditation, ceremony and dressing up. Available very cheap, too!

Flaxen

I love the books by R J Stewart for providing guidance and exercises to help connect to the faery realm. They feel incredibly authentic to me compared to other guided meditations.

lalalibra

I happen to be reading Faery Craft by Emily Carding right now. It's a good book as an introduction to working with faery, and also has some information on faery community, with interviews with such luminaries as Brian and Wendy Froud, et al. Lots of photographs of faery community members in their sparkly costumes. Many tips and exercises for meditation, ceremony and dressing up. Available very cheap, too!

That's a book I saw and I was wondering if it would be good, so it's nice to hear another's opinion on it. Thank you!

I love the books by R J Stewart for providing guidance and exercises to help connect to the faery realm. They feel incredibly authentic to me compared to other guided meditations.

Thank you, I had not heard his name before, so I really appreciate the recommendation. I looked at the descriptions of his books, and they seem to really fit with what I was looking for. Is there a particular book of his that you like the most, or that you know would be good to start with? Some of the books seem to be ordered into different volumes.