How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

azuremariposa

well, looks as though Royal Cat & I are in the same boat...

i have the Lovers as personality & soul cards w/the Devil as my shadow/teacher card...

my year card is different however...this year being the Wheel of Fortune...
my hubby is just one card ahead of me w/Justice as his year card...i guess i can learn from him as we go along, eh? ;) which is true astrologically as well, b/c i am Aries & he is Taurus...:D

now i'm going to have to get that book by Greer...see what you people do? it's not enough you have me lusting over a dozen decks or so, now i'm getting more books too! ;) (teasin') hehe

many blessings to all...

~azure

Moongold

More books?

Hi Azure,

The book, "Tarot Constellations" is fantastic, It tells you how to work out your life time cards -Personality, Soul, Karmic Year and Name cards and gives myriad hints at interpretation. It also has a chapter on the Court cards and their meanings.

There is also another volume in this series called "Tarot Mirrors: reflections of personal meaning". This book has valuable chapters on the art of reading, on the elemental and other correspondences,on the art of interpretation, on the structure of the Major Arcana and stacks and stacks of spreads. I think, but am not sure, that Christine Jette's book "Tarot Shadow Work" may have been inspired by this book. I can see the links but maybe they are just syncronicity. It;s worth buying too (Tarot Mirrors, I mean).

Moongold

Dark Eyes

mee too Moongold

Hi there Moongold,
Sounds like I better get that book too !!! Wow, I am so excited with all of this. I know what you mean Azure, there is so much to read, so much to learn, so much to look at and sooooo much to do !! Thanks moongold.
p.s. By the way, i meant to post the wow thread as a posting into this thread, unfortunately I pressed the wrong button and made a new thread. I wanted to thank you in this thread. Never mind, there is some feedback from other taroteers in the new thread to show how much we appreciate your efforts with the soul/personality cards.
Bye for now Dark Eyes

lunaperse

My birthdate is october eleven 1980, i got 3 for both my personaity and soul cards, does this mean that both12 and 21 are hidden factors? or can one just have one HF and if so which, if any would mine be?

except giving it some thought i do believe you said the world is never an hf? so that would mean 12 is my hf...

at first i thought the empress wasn't me but having thought and felt about it i can see certain similarities, and certain traits i have the potential to be. i just have to make chages and allow changes to let them come further to the front... look at things from a diffeent point of view as it were ... which defnitely supports the idea of the hanged man as an influence on my life, deep and buried perhaps but everfelt, the pea under my mattress, the wisdom of humour. the angst of humour even.

and i am as caught between worlds as he is... though i am guessing none of you actually want to hear me ramble *smiles* and anyhow i think i need to think about it some more lol perhaps after finding out if im even right in my thoughts here

i got 8 for my year card... strength

Moongold

Greetings Lunaperse,

You are correct in that your Soul and Personality card is Empress.

According to Greer you have two hidden factor cards, 12 and 21 as both of them are have elements of 3. Hanged Man and World

I do remember saying something about one card not being able to be used in this context but can't remember all the details. It depends on a few other factors.

I stick by the book, remembering some of it but not all. Rest assured, however, this advice is completely by the book. :)

This is such an unusual combination, however (because of the dates) that they only began to appear after 31 January 1958.

I have a heavycold today so won't stay long. Consider yourself to be doubly lucky with two HF cards. If you're over 30, they are generally know as Teacher cards. And the meaning they gace for you is one that you discern. Same with Empress.

Blessings to you,

Moongold

Dark Eyes

boo hoo... no book

Hi there Moongold,
sorry to hear that you are unwell, I hope you feel better soon.
I have been trying to get hold of the tarot constellations book, but found out today that it is out of print..BOO HOO. I am so dissappointed, I was so looking forward to getting it. I will keep trying, it must be available somewhere. I will check second hand book shops etc. until I get a copy.
take it easy, get plenty of sleep... the best medicine for a cold.
Best wishes
Dark Eyes.

lunaperse

unusual and lucky

i'd better not let any of my friends see this they all think i am 'unusual' enough as it is

thank you for sharing that with us MoonGold, it's set me off on a diffrent tangent in my mind.

Hoping you feel better very soon,
Luna

Melvis

Hi, all!

I've just put up my first personal website at this address:
http://www.athenaluna.com

One thing I've included is a page on Mary Greer's Tarot Constellations, which features a little script that (I dearly hope!) helps to figure out your Personality Card. I've been wanting to create such a page ever since I first read the book, but I didn't have the know-how to make it do the calculations for you. And now I've finally figured out how to make forms on a web page add up numbers and things, so the Personality Card calculation is my guinea pig! I plan to make it more sophisticated so it can complete the calculation on its own, but hopefully this is a good start.

Try it out, let me know if it works. I still have lots more I'll be adding to the site, but I thought I'd get your feedback on whether on not my foray into form scripting works or not! :D

Thanks!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

azuremariposa

worked for me, Melvis!! :D

tres faboo! ;)

~azure

Nao

That's a great page, Melvis! :D With all the calculations and questions everyone's been having on the personality/soul/hidden factor cards, that's a really helpful section. ^_^ The calculations worked just fine for me!