Tarot Journal App for Android

Tanjamuse

I'm looking for an app for Android to use to write down my Daily Draw.

I would like one with the ability to insert/Attach pictures and export to pdf.

Thanks so much in advance.

Nemia

I don't know whether there is such an app - I use evernote and am very very happy with it. I use it on my telephone and laptop. I take pictures of my spread with my telephone and send them to Evernote where I can write down my interpretation.

I have a Tarot notebook in Evernote where I collect all my tarot stuff, with folders for decks, spreads, readings, card meanings and special stuff (numerology, astrology, kabbalah). I collect material from websites, good AT articles, book summaries and journal entries I wrote myself. Evernote is searchable and flexible. It does freeze on me from time to time, but that's the only problem. Great app for tarot aficionados, I feel.

(But I'm far from being an expert ... at my advanced age...)

I added a screenshot to show how I use Evernote. The screenshot is from my laptop but as I said, I use Evernote on my telephone, too.

Notes can be exported in different formats but not .pdf. Probably it's possible to convert them to pdf but I don't know how. But pf can be added to Evernote with ease.

Oracle Opus

Most of them you can export out by email. Some will email out a screen shot. I have Tarot of the Divine on my iPhone and it emails screen and notes, I imagine if there is an android version (I think there is) it would do the same thing? I'm not sure that any app does pdf.

kalliope

I have Evernote and love & use it extensively for various things, including tarot, but I have so many notebooks and notes that my Evernote database is just huge now. I've chosen to put my readings journal and dream journal elsewhere.

I'm currently using Diaro, which you can also access online on the web (diaroapp.com]) if you have the PRO version. It's password protected, and has a clean and simple interface. You can attach an image (you pick from your phone's gallery, so if you took a pic of your cards you could attach it). You can also sort your entries by category, and w/ tags. I've never tried to export anything, but do see that you can convert individual entries to PDF, but I don't see that you can do your entire journal.

Ace of Stars

I also use Evernote for my Tarot journal. The Tarot apps I make and use (Galaxy Tone's Galaxy Tarot, CBD Tarot de Marseille, Tarot Illuminati, Gypsy Palace Tarot, Darkana Tarot) all allow me to export my readings (image, keywords, and notes) to Evernote... so I do that so that all the different app readings can be in the same place in order by date.

I also take pictures of spreads I do with paper cards and upload them to Evernote and add my notes.

There's an Evernote extension called "Clearly" which allows you to quickly capture articles you like from the web in a notebook. I use it to collect Tarot spreads and have a separate notebook for them from my Tarot Journal.

It's really an awesome tool!

kalliope

So I happened to run across a blog post about Diaro (Google Now randomly gave me the link on my phone!), and it described how Diaro makes beautiful PDFs. I did a little investigating and realized that from the web app (at diaroapp.com) you can do this. You can create PDFs of your whole journal, or filtered in some way, etc. So you have a lot of control.

I don't have my Evernote password protected on my phone, and anyone with access to my computer can read everything in my Evernote notebooks. As far as I know you can't lock one notebook specifically. So I don't feel comfortable putting any journal type entries in there, aside from the database size issue I'm having. Privacy is one of the major reasons I went looking for a journal/diary specific app and settled on Diaro.

Ace of Stars, thanks for the recommendation of the Clearly extension for Evernote, though! I installed it and will use it a lot for clipping certain kinds of articles. I already use Readability (and Instapaper) to strip articles of superfluous stuff so I can read them nicely, but Clearly offers appealing formatting options too, so I may give it a try.