Alchemical Tarot Study Group

RexMalaki

Things are looking up for the Alchemical Tarot IDS group!

Mac22
Bhavana
sapienza
1Eleven
Cocobird55
RexMalaki
hopena

The members above have all agreed recently to participate at least sometimes...Since the group is totally open and officially unorganized, we accept new members all the time.

No body else has come forward to volunteer to chair this Study Group; so I will give it my best shot. This is my first IDS as a participant so I have no idea how to proceed.

I also just recently started a new job, and so, my time is limited more than ever, but I really am looking forward to this...

If we only cover a card a week it will take a year and a half to finish if we don't take any breaks... That's a huge commitment...

I'm not sure I will have the time to keep up with a card a day... Does anyone else have any thoughts on duration per card?

What about the order to cover them? I was thinking use the order in the book...

then there is also the start date...?

Cocobird55

Thanks for taking on the job of this group, Lex. I haven't participated in an IDS, so I'm pretty clueless. I do think that a card a day is too much. While the card a week would take a very long time, for in depth study it might be better.

sapienza

I think aim for a card a week, but see how things go. There is nothing to say you can't start another card as well during the week. I would also recommend not starting new threads for the cards, but rather using the existing threads. This may be what you had in mind anyway. There is some great info from back when we first started the the study group when the Alchemical Renewed was first released. Also, the text from the original book is included in those threads for people who don't have access to a book. What we found last time was that sometimes in discussing a card it would lead on to comparisons with other cards and so then you'd find you had a few threads on the go relating to those cards. Being too rigid with timeframes can make it challenging. I think it's great if everyone feels that they can add to an existing thread if they have an insight regardless of if it is the correct card for the week or whatever. Hope that makes sense. Just my thoughts from previous experience but happy to go with what others think. Anyway, I'm happy to contribute when I can and am looking forward to it. :)

Sulis

I think aim for a card a week, but see how things go. There is nothing to say you can't start another card as well during the week. I would also recommend not starting new threads for the cards, but rather using the existing threads. This may be what you had in mind anyway. There is some great info from back when we first started the the study group when the Alchemical Renewed was first released. Also, the text from the original book is included in those threads for people who don't have access to a book. What we found last time was that sometimes in discussing a card it would lead on to comparisons with other cards and so then you'd find you had a few threads on the go relating to those cards. Being too rigid with timeframes can make it challenging. I think it's great if everyone feels that they can add to an existing thread if they have an insight regardless of if it is the correct card for the week or whatever. Hope that makes sense. Just my thoughts from previous experience but happy to go with what others think. Anyway, I'm happy to contribute when I can and am looking forward to it. :)

I agree with Sapienza about rigid timeframes and about using existing threads - please use the existing threads, they are a great resource.

Just a bit of advice from someone who has been involved with Tarot Study Groups for a long time: It's been my experience that study groups fail when one person is left to start threads at a set time (ie. once a week) and when there are set 'rules' for a group.
Groups that work the best and go on the longest are the ones where anyone is allowed to start a thread whenever they like and when all members are encouraged to do so; no deadlines, no time constraints and no responsibility on any one member.
Groups die out very quickly when members are waiting for the time when a thread can be started or when group members are waiting for the 'group leader' to make a new thread.

Just some thoughts :).

Sulis - TSG moderator .

RexMalaki

I like those rules...

We use existing threads and - aside from mutual respect -

we just go for it...anyone can post on any thread at any time and we all can do our best to participate!

Thanks so much for the input; your experienced opinions matter a great deal !!

Shall we explore the Alchemical Tarot together and crack the cosmic egg of the unconscious mind?

Bhavana

I am going to give it my best shot to participate!

Bhavana

Hi,
How is your print quality? I received mine last week and it looks like it was printed on an old dot matrix printer on some pages. I haven't had time to begin reading, yet, but I'm looking forward to it... even with the awful print run.

Jon

For the price, I would contact him. My first deck was a mess - creases on several cards (a lot of cards, not just a few - I'd say more than 10 ) 3 or 4 card backs with big patches of white instead of color...I emailed Place and he sent me a new deck right away.

hopena

I received the Renewed deck and book, for my birthday. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but I plan to.

hopena

Is anybody out there?