The things I missed in this deck - after 28 years of looking!!

tarotkey

regarding the Six of Cups, the little girl, at least to me appears to have a full-grown woman's face. It is slightly reduced to fit the cowl. I got that impression the first time I laid my eyes on the card. What does everyone else think?

Skydancer

~~tarokey~~

The 6 of cups bothers me also. The "little girl's head" is not in proportion. Lately I've thought of both of them as "Little People" and that has helped me come to terms with them.

Anyone?
I don't know the history of RWS ~

mac22

This is WHY I've been fascinated by the RWS for 30+ yrs there is always some new nugget or detail to learn from....

mac

EarthFaery

Has anyone noticed the 2 little bells hanging on either side of the ace of cups? I just noticed them last month when I did a reading for someone who was engaged. I've been reading for 15 years and never noticed them before! Funny thing about the shoe and the boot on the 7 of wands, pulled it one day for a daily read and noticed them right off the bat, I never noticed before, later that night I got in a verbal argument with my friend, it was over a shoe and a boot!

Debra

SMV said:
Has anyone noticed the 2 little bells hanging on either side of the ace of cups? I just noticed them last month when I did a reading for someone who was engaged. I've been reading for 15 years and never noticed them before! Funny thing about the shoe and the boot on the 7 of wands, pulled it one day for a daily read and noticed them right off the bat, I never noticed before, later that night I got in a verbal argument with my friend, it was over a shoe and a boot!

I think it's three bells--one in front, and then presumably one on the unseen side, so that'd be four--and that shoe/boot? Never saw it, fer cryin' out loud.

EarthFaery

LOL, 3 bells? I thought that was an angel!!! Hold on, need a magifying glass...I guess it does look like a bell after all!:)

tarotkey

What about the bat wings that are spouting out of either sides of the Queen of Cups, oversized Chalice/Grail cup? Why such a strong and obvious emphasis on what is basically a prop?

Code Warrior

tarotkey said:
What about the bat wings that are spouting out of either sides of the Queen of Cups, oversized Chalice/Grail cup? Why such a strong and obvious emphasis on what is basically a prop?

Not bat wings. Those are the silhouette of two praying angles. The cup does appear a tad bit oversized though.

tarotkey

If they are Angels, could this then be an allegorical reference to the Holy Grail? The Queen is sitting on a very ornate throne and she is seated at the tip of the ocean(?)
and appears poised to begin to cross it traveling west. If the Grail is real, and it did travel out of the mideast and instead of by land went by sea to France(?)...this card could possibly portray the beginning of that fateful journey.

Briar Rose

::smiling::

I just noticed the angel on the bottom of the Queen of Cups chair is holding a fish.

Also, on the Queen of Cups, there appears to be an ohm symbol on the left of Pamela's initials.

Does anyone see that?