Original Rider Waite

publius

Aa I just received a gift certificate from amazon, I was wondering which version they sell these days. Is it still the mde in Italy or the made in China?

Thanks in advance for your advise, as I do not want to buy the Italian version by mistake, I really don't like thee heavy lamination.

Marthanna

I bought a deck yesterday and it was made in China. The display deck was made in Italy. Actually I was disappointed, I wanted a made in Italy deck! :)

Nice deck, very easy to shuffle and very pretty muted colours. You're going to LOVE it!

Abrac

Do Amazon Marketplace sellers take gift certificates? If so you could ask them which version they're selling. A lot of sellers have new or like new stuff so there's a good possibility one of them will have the China printing. :)

PixiJones

Aa I just received a gift certificate from amazon, I was wondering which version they sell these days. Is it still the mde in Italy or the made in China?

Thanks in advance for your advise, as I do not want to buy the Italian version by mistake, I really don't like thee heavy lamination.

I believe it is the made in China version as I ordered it along with the Commemorative Set when it came out.

publius

Thank you for the replies, I'm going to order one today,I will let you know.

I had a made in Belgium for the last 10 years that got retired after a party last weekend.

cybercat

It is made in Italy I got one last week from amazon.com,

publius

It took me a while, but I just went to borders today as they are closing, they do 25% off tarot decks. I found an original rider Waite printed in China.

I like it very much, it's an upgrade in quality compared to made in Italy decks, the card stock feels so much better, and the lamination is definitely better too.