Learning Thoth

Little Baron

Thank you all for your help.
Mari, that first link is really useful. LouiQ, you might find this a good one as well as it really tackles the deck from that beginners level we were talking about.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Caileadair

slips in once she notices the subject matter. a most helpful discussion and the links have been bookmarked. :)

BB,
~Cail

Cerulean

This has LWB and other Thoth texts?

http://www.rahoorkhuit.net/library/thoth/trumps/index.html

If you go trump by trump, there are options to read texts that have to do with the card. I believe it is quoting from the Book of Thoth. The screen "dissolve" effect can be a little surprising for a second or two, but it's worth hanging in there to get the information. If I cannot look up my LWB or texts, this is a good reference for me.

Hope it helps.

I also found Rachel Pollack's Illustrated Guide gave some nice background on the Thoth deck. Her list of astrological assignment to majors for Thoth is a pretty reference table.

She also compares the Haindl with other decks more than a few times in this book...I realize that she's reviewed many decks and likes her own as well. So I see Haindl, Rider Waite, Thoth, Shining Tribe, Ukiyoe, Mythical and others appearing quite a few times