Cards for Academics

blackmoonbee

Hello I recently posted in the Tarot reading thread related to my PhD studies and based on a response I received from euripides I am curious about what are some cards you all closely associate with Academia/scholarship whether it is favorable or that of pause/caution.

I understand that it is situational and depends on the question and other cards in the Spread/reading but I'm just curious IN GENERAL what are some major cards that stand out to you that speak to academics/scholarship/PhD studies

For instance Pentacles as a suit I can see as favorable in many ways like the Page of Pentacles. But the 4 of Pentacles or even the Knight of Pentacles may be a little troublesome for graduate students who need some momentum to get through their studies.

What do y'all think?

My reading post is here (for context) http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=270017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmpyreanKnight

The Hierophant stands for important, traditional institutions of learning such as universities, colleges, etc.

The Hermit also stands for people engaged in deep, solitary pursuits such as studies, research, etc.

Barleywine

I would also say the Hierophant for all manner of higher learning. I also think of the 6 of Swords as a "mental voyage of discovery" as well as "new horizons," and Crowley did title it "Science." PhD doesn't seem like a Page's level of study.

Nemia

Hanged Man :-(

I never finished my Ph.D. and the 240 pages are buried somewhere in my computer....

blackmoonbee

Would you all say that the Hierophant represents the entity of higher learning or the pursuit thereof because it seems to be a catchall for "traditional institutions" in general or does it also represent an aspect of higher learning or scholars.

What do y'all think are some cards that are not very academic-friendly...? I

Barleywine

Would you all say that the Hierophant represents the entity of higher learning or the pursuit thereof because it seems to be a catchall for "traditional institutions" in general or does it also represent an aspect of higher learning or scholars.

What do y'all think are some cards that are not very academic-friendly...? I

The Devil, of course (of course, of course . . .:)). His "courses" are much more . . . umm, "coarse."

nisaba

Hello I recently posted in the Tarot reading thread related to my PhD studies and based on a response I received from euripides I am curious about what are some cards you all closely associate with Academia/scholarship whether it is favorable or that of pause/caution.

Swords. Sword cards are deeply, deeply about the mind. The court cards for how to conduct your intellectual life, the pips for thought-patterns that arguably may or may not need some work. :)