persistent emperor

BrightEye

i'm going through another emperor phase by the looks of it. last time was 3 years ago when i was beginning to establish myself professionally. i didn't much like him then but it was a good card, telling me to take charge of my life.

now he's back but in a different context and i'm wondering if he's telling me again to take charge of the situation at hand. that's how i feel at least. i'm not sure though because he can also stand for social barriers, warning against things you shouldn't be doing.

i believe there's also a good bit of sexual energy attached to the emperor, which wasn't prominent the first time round but is now.

anyone else with a persistent emperor experience who could enlighten me?

jenessa

I've never had a persistent emperor experience myself, but when this card came up reversed in a reading i did for someone, i interpreted it as applying to "someone who had systematically set the querent up" & otherwise devised a TRAP. So i read it as implying that all is not what it seems, and that they could be entering a situation which had been designed to undermine their control.

Which i might add, turned out to be the case!!

YDM42

My situation was a combination of both of your experinces.
It contained all; social and cultural barriers, hard control, someone trying to be controlling of me and also it was that persons birth card- ironically it was that person who was very aggressive in trying to maintian contorl, who life work was law enforcement, turns out they where in a situation where they where in a very controlled enviroment, career and culturally. In essense one who is controlling is in turn also overly controlled by social and cultural barriers and perhaps even a strong family sense of obligation to norms~ which in the end not only opposed our relationship/friendship
- but ended it w the tower- abrupt and out of the blue.

Hence, the victim becomes the victimizer.

BrightEye

thanks for sharing your thoughts though they sound all rather negative. but the birth card thing is interesting and it crossed my mind as well. i think my birth card is 22, the fool. i don't know what you call the card that you then derive from adding 2+2, but it's the emperor.

tink27

BrightEye said:
i'm going through another emperor phase by the looks of it. last time was 3 years ago when i was beginning to establish myself professionally. i didn't much like him then but it was a good card, telling me to take charge of my life.

now he's back but in a different context and i'm wondering if he's telling me again to take charge of the situation at hand. that's how i feel at least. i'm not sure though because he can also stand for social barriers, warning against things you shouldn't be doing.

i believe there's also a good bit of sexual energy attached to the emperor, which wasn't prominent the first time round but is now.

anyone else with a persistent emperor experience who could enlighten me?

Hi Brighteye,

I was looking through some old threads and this one interested me. Although it's been in the making for a while (the Emperor) I thought I'd share my thoughts on this.

I see the Emperor in a positive light as someone with a lot of integrity and an honest disposition. His opinions are by no means superficial. He has a hands-on earthly outlook on life. Perhaps he is telling you not to sabotage the effects he brought to you the last time, to become the master-piece of your life and not to compromise yourself in a certain situation.

I'm sure he would with the intensity of his energy make a great lover ;)

tink

starrystarrynight

This reference will be understood by many here in the USA, but I don't have frame of reference to translate it to the UK or other worldly places...

But I sometimes see that Emperor as the Ward Cleaver of Leave it to Beaver (60's television) or Robert Young's character in Father Knows Best (also long-ago tv here in the US). These characters were the Dads of the so-called nuclear family...that structure-giving person in the unit whose strength and physical know-how held it all together. But he doesn't have a clue about so much of the emotional anima essence that actually applies the crazy glue--whose feminine strength brings in the magnetism to keep the family going.

It's like he is able to build the house, but he lacks what is needed to keep the family home. Not that he doesn't want to...he just needs that Empress energy to complement what he does.

So, maybe that's what he's trying to get across to you, BrightEye...and I think you actually said it in your first paragraph. You might need to take more physical control of your situation...nuts and bolts type of control...and I don't mean control as in trying to control someone else, just in maybe trying to ascertain what it is you want and then following through in a physical sense to get it.

For instance, if this is in response to a relationship question, maybe the Emperor is suggesting that you move beyond thinking about what you want and actually go about finding a way to get it in the physical world.

BrightEye

starrystarrynight said:
he just needs that Empress energy to complement what he does.
so you think i should go out and get my empress (or whatever she might stand for)?

starrystarrynight

Well, I think that the Emperor may be telling you to look at making actual moves instead of just feeling about the situation. He is a builder, and he may be saying that a structure has to start with one brick--and someone has to put that brick in place.

Maybe the Empress in you dreams up the blueprint, and the Emperor in you is calling for you to start building.

(I think I've gone too far with this analogy...hehe...but, yeah, that is but one possible interpretation. And of course, the caveats here: Did you throw a spread? Which one? What were the positions and the other cards in it, and how did they all relate to one another>>)

BrightEye

starrystarrynight said:
And of course, the caveats here: Did you throw a spread? Which one? What were the positions and the other cards in it, and how did they all relate to one another>>)
i did - two in fact. once the emperor showed up as challenge (something i have to tackle or do or so it seemed to me) and once as 'what's between us'.