The Moon is following me round! Help!

MissCW

Hi, I wasn't sure whether I should put this in the readings section or here, so feel free to move it mods if it isn't right.

The Moon is coming up in a lot on my readings for myself, and I just can't seem to get to grips with it.

Nearly always, it shows up as how someone sees me (which I find difficult to interpret), but has also appeared in a general progression of a situation (most recently paired with 5 of Pentacles). So, tonight I thought I would ask why I keep getting it and what I am possibly missing.

Its always the Gilded Tarot moon because this is what I use and the cards I drew as to why I keep getting it were:

The Fool, Seven of Cups, Six of Cups (also Gilded)

What springs to mind is past actions have caused too many resulting possibilities, thereby blocking my intuition and halting my progress.

I should point out as well that when I getthe Moon in my readings, I am already looking at the situation slightly negatively, so I don't think I am missing some hidden danger!

Some other input is needed here I think ...

Tansey Ella

edited

Knight of Wands

The Moon can be illusions, seeing things strangely and distorted in the half light.

The Moon can be fear.

The Moon can advise you to take extra attention to your intuition, your feelings and 'third eye'.

The Moon, related to the High Priestess, suggests secrets, and the unknown. What really is lurking in the dark.

The Moon can be dreams. What are you dreaming of at night? How is this affecting your life? What message are you dreams trying to give you?

The Moon is passivity. It has no light, it reflects its light. It suggests receptivity and inaction. Just be still, and let things come to you.

The Moon suggests getting in touch with your 'inner self', your animal desires.

There is a lot more, but I can't think of anything else at the moment :)

Hope that's helped.

Sulis

I get The Moon a lot in my readings around 'that time of the month' when I'm feeling a bit hormonal..

To add to Knight of Wand's excellent post - The Moon reminds us that everything is cyclical (a little like the Wheel).. The Moon waxes and wanes like everything in life but maybe it's turning up a lot because you may need to be reminded of that.

The Moon numerically is the 'flip-side' of The Hermit - maybe you're resisting doing some inner work or feeling afraid of delving into your subconscious mind.

tink27

The Moon as how others see you?? Perhaps they see you as someone who can intuitively see into the darkness, spiritually oriented and with a profound gift of compassion and understanding. You may also be somewhat of a mystery!!

Are you someone who through your trials and tribulations, spent time with yourself, alone, to understand and learn from your own psychological makeup?

Moon people can be very sensitive to criticism....emotionally hurt or become depressed when faced with coldness. But their ability to dig deeply into the unknown will help them to rise once again into the night sky.

tink

SunChariot

I don't know if this helps, but I almost always see the Moon as tallking about romantic feelings. If it is coming up in relation to how someone feels about you, perhaps they have developed these kinds of feelings for you.

Babs

starrystarrynight

When I see the Moon and the Seven of Cups together, I always think that someone is not seeing things realistically. I see an element of self-delusion.

But, you know, the Moon has also often come up for me to represent a Mom, and with the Six of Cups, this gives me a feeling of nostalgia. You know, childhood memories of how it was to be taken care of by Mom.

Plop the Fool in there, it all gives me the feeling that someone doesn't want to grow up or would like to go back to earlier, easier days...their roots, even.