Steampunk (Moore) Page of cups

shadowdancer

I like how Barbara describes the youth of this suit. It is something we can all understand, if not remember :D I do have memories of my teens. Emotions up and down like a yo-yo. Dress sense that was oh so important back then, but in hindsight was cringeworthy. (Yes, I was a teenager in the early 80's).
And as for obssessions, well they were plenty. Usually in the form of crushes on people I would never meet, nor would they be as I had imagined they would be. Yet they were so darned intense and if anyone made fun of the crush or the other party it usually resulted in tears and tantrums.

In hindsight, I realise this page has the eggshell emotionally. Looks tough, but boy can cracks appear easily.

Here Barbara has shown a female, who is dressed incredibly differently to the other courts. In effect I feel she has done this as this page often feels they need to make a statement. They may not be able to verbalise as well as the others, and so they try to portray their personality through appearance instead. All this is an indication of low confidence or self-esteem. Sadly though, the attire?? - it just looks a little naff. Our Page is wearing a huge top hat, a huge ruff around the neck and clothing that would only fit in on certain occasions.
Yes, I am thinking here if they were around in the 80's, with that dress sense they would be Spandau Ballet fans and certainly hanging around the New Romantic scene. How fitting eh :D :D

They are on a beach, the small waves of the sea not far behind them. Heaven forbid should they get those shiney shoes wet though. It is as if they are trying to NOT be in touch with the sea and therefore, their emotions. Yet their vulnerability is written all over them in their stance and facial expression. Certainly the most confused out of all the pages IMO. This page is holding a glass of red wine (?) in their right hand. Are they about to toast us, or are they unsure what to do with it? Either could apply.

In the background and in the sky, we see a jet or rocket of sorts powering across the sky from right to left. Once the sound catches up with her, she will no doubt jump a little. For now though, she seems totally unaware of its presence.

I guess if I had to describe this lass it would be along the lines of "Trying too hard, outward appearance is a cover for what is really going on"

iAmRiotEyes

For some reason this Page looks drunk to me, while the other court cards in her suit seem to handle their alcohol well. For example the Queen seems to be drinking one cup of wine after the other with little effect.

To me this may signal the immaturity of the Page, who still doesn't know how to "hold her liquor" as in handle things with the aptitude the other courts have.

Just a small observation.

Green Horse

I noticed today how 'earthy' the cups suite in this deck was because of their connection to alchohol (earthy as in taking earthly pleasures).

I would agree that this page was the quintisential teen just drinking because they can.

I get the emo aspect of the card, but there is something foolish and court-jesterish in this page's looks as well. Like the sad clown.

La Force

Steampunk Page of Cups

In the background and in the sky, we see a jet or rocket of sorts powering across the sky from right to left. Once the sound catches up with her, she will no doubt jump a little. For now though, she seems totally unaware of its presence.

This has thrown me off a bit, to the meaning of the card, IMO. This symbol is too airy for this card, so I moved her up into the Knights of cups Position/rank. I would like someone to give me more detail on this to move her back into her original rank.

I noticed today how 'earthy' the cups suite in this deck was because of their connection to alchohol (earthy as in taking earthly pleasures).

Yes you are correct, the Page of Cups is earthy, This Pages elemental attributes are: Earth mixing with Water, the Earthy part of Water, both of these elements are Feminine.

I have been having a bit of an issue with this card, to the point I swapped her out with the Knight of cups, the Knight of cups show the mixing better, as the Knight of Cups is Air mixing with Water, the Airy part of Water.

Therefore the Knight of Cups, is now the Page of Cups, and the Page of Cups, becomes the Knight of Cups, a nicer match IMO. What do think?

La Force

La Force

This has thrown me off a bit, to the meaning of the card, IMO. This symbol is too airy for this card, so I moved her up into the Knights of cups Position/rank. I would like someone to give me more detail on this to move her back into her original rank.

La Force

Okay I spend sometime researching, looking through books etc. trying to find some hint to explain the jet/rocket in the sky for this card. and low and behold, the only book that I found any kind of a meaning for this was in the Pictorial Key to the tarot - A.E. Waite

"It is the pictures of the mind taking form".

so there we have some explanation for now.

La Force