Steampunk tarot (Moore) - Queen of Pentacles

shadowdancer

Picture an actress from the silver screen days of old, making an appearance at a party. She is likely to be late (fashionably so of course), and will glide down the staircase, knowing full well all eyes in the room will be on her.

This is the vibe I get from this queen. :) Her hair has been immaculately fixed into place, two small bangs on one cheek. Her dress fits like a glove, and talking of gloves - she is waring matching elbow length gloves. You just know she did not pick this up from a rail in Walmart. It was made for her.

We see she is holding an open fan in her right hand, the symbol of the suit being the only apparent decoration.

She oozes sexuality and confidence. Many of us would have to work incredibly hard to look as good as she does. Yet for her, it has been part of her life for so long, it is second nature. I just find her to be a strange consort to the King of this suit. She has the appearance of being materialistic. You have to ask yourself if that is a fault or strength. I guess it depends on how she views her assets.

sladie

My POV

Dress of metallic gold, slightly more modern and fashionable than most dresses and outfits we've seen. This is like a movie actress at the turn of the century. It's completely tailored to fit her specifically. It's bold and screams high society. Her fan sports the steampunk feel, but still feels elegant and flawless.

At closer look at her face though, I was expecting to see a sly smile, a glimmer of sexuality and daringness - but she looks very tired. Her lips are downturned, and once you notice that, the entire face changes before your eyes. She's coming down from the stairs, maybe she just got ready, but this is the 10th party she's gone to in the past few weeks and she's exhausted. Maybe the party was up in a penthouse and she's just leaving a party, and trying to hide the fatigue.

I think she wants to tell me, no matter how much I love my life - no matter if people think I have it all, or have nothing at all - if I keep going at a pace I can't possibly keep up with, it will wear me down and it'll begin to show.

Even if it does show, it doesn't mean I'm any less of what I am.