Steampunk tarot (Moore) - Ace of Wands

shadowdancer

The first thing to get my attention on this card, were the candles. They are spaced to form a square, but they are all of differing size and length. Some will burn down quicker than others. SOme will contain the wax within, due to the fact they are somewhat thicker, others will probably drip wax on to the table.

I also saw the clenched fist and lower arm was not positioned between the wands. Therefore, the sense of symmetry and order is not quite there. Somewhat different to what we saw on the Ace of Cups.
The hand is grasping a very orante wand of sorts, but the tip has natural life depicted, in the form of vine leaves and berries. I have read the accompanying book, and could not find reference to what the berries were exactly, so the plant growth woven around the tip of the wand is to be read symbolically, with its revelance being explained by Barbara.

The gears shown near the top of the wand remind me, when they start to turn, things start to happen. We all hear about the cogs in the head turning when we are deep in thought, so yes - manifestation or action does usually start with an idea. However, sometimes the most amazing things manifested come from pure instinct and inspiration. When that happens, it is best not to question or thing, but just 'do'.

Quite a simple card when seen at face value, but I think it has potential to be developed should it appear in a reading.

metatron3

Here is what poped in my head one afternoon :
This Wand, this Ace, this whole Wand suit is all star-trek like.
The Original. It's all Kirk-flavored.
It's all about audacity and courage : being fearless and doing things because "you-have-to-or-you'll-die" (and-not-save-Planet-Earth-and-be-promoted-again-while-exploding-the-Enterprise-but-who-cares-? )

See, it is this strange feeling, it's all Kirk. I had that since Moore is also a bit geeky in her ideas and says it somewhere so it felt perfect. It's all about "to boldly go where no man has gone before" in your life, in your thinking, with yourself. Just grab that damn idea and start working on it, promptly, whatever is ahead, coming at you, face it. You can overcome it and continue on your journey while hanging on your idea ( your wand )

That mechanic hand is your starship ( mostly the Enterprise, it's a bit old and StarFleet always wanted to stop the line but hey ! it's the only ship to travel time *and* space to save them. Yep. ) and the Wand is just your gut, your courage, your boldly idea.

Just ... Live long and prosper ;)