SWOT Analysis Spread

entropy

Apparently, I'm late to the party, but I tried this last night and liked it. I think this is one I'll be using again...

sparkles

inexplicably i seem to have became a bit of a compulsive spread collector lately and this one looks like it might find a place in my top 3.

thanx for also giving me hope that all those training courses/meetings i get forced to attend may well actually have something of use, if not the one they intended

Demon Goddess

Just had to let the creator of this spread know how much I like it.

I think this is possibly the most comprehensive what to do with a career spread I have tried to date!

Well worth the money I spent on it! :D

Callanish

I think this is a great idea for a career spread!

I've just added it to the list of available tarot spreads on my tarot web site.
(Credit has been giving with a link back to this article and the name Blue Fusion).

I've modified it slightly.
------------------|Strengths|---|Weakness|---|Opportunities|---|Threats|----
------|Past|----------1----------------2----------------3---------------4---------
---|Present|---------5----------------6-----------------7--------------8---------
----|Future|----------9----------------10---------------11-------------12--------

For me this reads better as well as fitting on a computer screen in a way that all cards can be seen!

http://phuture.me/tarot/tarot-spread

blue_fusion

Wow! It's been eleven years! This spread was briefly mentioned in another thread and I thought of of sharing how one can make more in-depth analysis by combining SWOT with different categories. Below are examples of progressive elaborations (YAY INCEPTION!) :D

A. Simple SWOT

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES OPPORTUNITIES THREATS

S-----W-----O-----T

B. SWOT with rows

a) PAST (P1) -PRESENT (P2) -FUTURE(F) SWOT
----- S-----W-----O-----T
P1
P2
F

b) MIND (m) BODY (b) SPIRIT (s) SWOT

-----S----- W-----O-----T
M
B
S

C. INCEPTION SWOT

a) FIRST LEVEL INCEPTION SWOT - SWOT x PPF x mbs

-----------S------------W-----------O-------------T
P1-------m b s--------m b s--------m b s---------m b s
P2-------m b s--------m b s--------m b s---------m b s
F--------m b s--------m b s--------m b s--------- m b s

b) SECOND LEVEL INCEPTION SWOT - SWOT x PPF x mbs x APPARENT (A) HIDDEN (H)

---------------S--------------------W--------------------O--------------------T
P1--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA
------------mH bH sH-----------mH bH sH-------------mH bH sH-----------mH bH sH

P2--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA

F--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA

This last spread yields specific points. For example, the first card would be - S P1 mA and can be read as Strength of Mind in the Past which was Apparent (obvious? not hidden?).

blue_fusion

I've attached an image version of the crude table I made in the previous post.

Attachments

• SWOT_EXAMPLES.jpg
    SWOT_EXAMPLES.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 272

rachelcat

Great charts and tables. Gotta love a 72 card spread!

I think I'll stick with 12 cards for now, but I'm definitely going to keep 72 in mind.

Thanks for the mind expander!

Callanish

Wow! It's been eleven years! This spread was briefly mentioned in another thread and I thought of of sharing how one can make more in-depth analysis by combining SWOT with different categories. Below are examples of progressive elaborations (YAY INCEPTION!) :D

A. Simple SWOT

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES OPPORTUNITIES THREATS

S-----W-----O-----T

B. SWOT with rows

a) PAST (P1) -PRESENT (P2) -FUTURE(F) SWOT
----- S-----W-----O-----T
P1
P2
F

b) MIND (m) BODY (b) SPIRIT (s) SWOT

-----S----- W-----O-----T
M
B
S

C. INCEPTION SWOT

a) FIRST LEVEL INCEPTION SWOT - SWOT x PPF x mbs

-----------S------------W-----------O-------------T
P1-------m b s--------m b s--------m b s---------m b s
P2-------m b s--------m b s--------m b s---------m b s
F--------m b s--------m b s--------m b s--------- m b s

b) SECOND LEVEL INCEPTION SWOT - SWOT x PPF x mbs x APPARENT (A) HIDDEN (H)

---------------S--------------------W--------------------O--------------------T
P1--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA

P2--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA

F--------- mA bA sA-----------mA bA sA-------------mA bA sA------------mA bA sA

This last spread yields specific points. For example, the first card would be - S P1 mA and can be read as Strength of Mind in the Past which was Apparent (obvious? not hidden?).

I'm going to try adding this new 1st level inception SWOT onto the new phuture website when it gets launched next month.
Your original SWOT has been popular since I added it a few years ago. Thanks!

A 72 card spread is eye popping! If I was to use such a spread I'd be very curious about the remaining 6 cards.
I often find with Tarot that what is missing from a spread is important to note.
So perhaps this spread could use the whole deck by attributing the 6 remaining cards to what is missing from your career?

Callanish

blue_fusion

I'm going to try adding this new 1st level inception SWOT onto the new phuture website when it gets launched next month.
Your original SWOT has been popular since I added it a few years ago. Thanks!

A 72 card spread is eye popping! If I was to use such a spread I'd be very curious about the remaining 6 cards.
I often find with Tarot that what is missing from a spread is important to note.
So perhaps this spread could use the whole deck by attributing the 6 remaining cards to what is missing from your career?

Callanish

Good idea! Another would be to use these cards to form a conclusion/resolution on what needs to be done - which is kind of the point of SWOT anyway in that you form resolutions and action plans after you've used SWOT to analyze the situation. In the last inception spread, the remaining six cards could be used as resolution/moving forward cards for the querent's mind, body, and spirit issues (two cards each) - not what happens in the future as those are in the "future" cards but I guess more of like a suggested mindset on each of the MBS aspects. Or maybe they could be used as summary cards for each MBS aspect?

It's kind of cool since it uses exactly all 78 cards! (On that note, sorry for the typo in the chart!!!)

-Ly

blue_fusion

Great charts and tables. Gotta love a 72 card spread!

I think I'll stick with 12 cards for now, but I'm definitely going to keep 72 in mind.

Thanks for the mind expander!

No problem! It's such a versatile tool to use by itself or to enhance other spreads. I just wanted to share examples of some ways it could be modified to suit one's queries.