I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

kaleanna

Hi Tarotlyn hun,

I think it is beary wonderful that you are doing a bear deck for your neighbor and hopefully for all of us whom have a love for bears.

The little bear cub is very cute!

I look forward to watching this deck's progress!

tarotlyn

:heart: Thank you! kaleanna!

I went to bed last night with bears on my mind and I woke up this morning with bears on my mind...:bugeyed: :laugh:
Got up at 8am and it is now 11am here and I have found more photos today...

I am still sorting out photos I have and organizing them into folders such as Majors, Kings, Queens, etc...Cups, Wands, etc...
that is helping emensely because I can see their poses narrowed down.

Then I have an Other photos folder for random (not sure) bears.

I also have made folders for the suit implements, swords, cups, coins, and wands.

I need to look for some nice borders. I saw a nice green bamboo border...but still looking...

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn

:):heart: OKAY NOW...I'm back... :party:

...I just spent all day on ONE card! LOL...Ha Ha...:bugeyed:

ETA 9/17: I just remembered that I only spent 1/2 day on the final card (see at bottom)...
I actually did TWO CHARIOT cards...the first one was with black horses...didn't like the final result
so I deleted it and started over...so it only took 1/2 day for final Chariot card.

I started with the Chariot because I wanted to see if I could do this...and if you will look
at the image links below, you will see how I progressed...it WAS a lot of work but I love it!

I hope the border is okay, which I made leaf by leaf!:bugeyed:...and I found a little 'three hump' heart
to hold my AT id and copyright year.

Please be on the kind side ... and remember everyone's taste is different! :rolleyes:

I can hardly wait to start on the next one...unfortunately tomorrow I am visiting Gladys, the person this deck is for
and I am teaching her how to use her new graphic program. I am not going to let her see these cards until Xmas.
I hope they are done by then :bugeyed: eeekkk I do think it will go somewhat faster now because I have
made up THE 'template' with border, copyright heart, etc...
...so I can just plop in the photos, crop, cut stuff out, paste stuff in, re-color-, resize, and be the 'perfectionist' that I am...LOL :laugh:

Gladys told me she wanted the bears to be doing things :bugeyed:...so I will try to make 'some of them' do things, if I can! eeekkk :bugeyed:

Alta

wow!! good for you tarotlyn. I have done a little photo manipulation, mainly to correct things within photos, and know how incredibly slow a process it is. The final effect is excellent on The Chariot. I like the border, very woodsy.

tarotlyn

:):heart: Thank you! Alta! You are right, it is a VERY slow process to edit a photo even close to perfection :bugeyed:
You just have to hang in there and keep trying different things till you get it right! LOL

I like the leaf border too...and I am hoping to use the leaf template I made up yesterday, on all the cards.
However, if certain of the photos don't work with it, I have done the leaves separates and
I can apply them one by one if need be BUT I am really hoping that the template will be a go for most cards.

Oh, and I like the leaves because most of my bear photos have a LOT of greenery in them
and the leaves fit in the best of anything else I have tried.

Well, I did one card in one day so far...LOL... that leaves me about 98 days to complete this whole deck :bugeyed:
Hopefully I can get more than one card done in one day...maybe 2 or 3 a day??? Ha Ha
Whatever happens, It HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE Dec. 23rd - 24th. eeekkk :p

Again, thank you :heart: Alta for your encouragement :thumbsup: ...I am going to need it! :|
:heart: tarotlyn

GryffinSong

Very cool! This is going to be a SPECTACULAR gift!!! :heart:

tarotlyn

Very cool! This is going to be a SPECTACULAR gift!!! :heart:

:heart: Thanks! hon! I am glad you like it...now IF I can stay off AT long enough to start another card :bugeyed: :p

tarotlyn

:):heart:...posting my second card, (the 3 of Cups)...finished I hope...although I tried to add clothing to them :bugeyed:
...I decided that they looked better being just bears! LOL They were wearing belly dancing outfits earlier!!! :laugh: Ha ha...
...I think this regular 'fur' look is the best for this deck!:)

Oh, and it took some time to find the 'just right' chalice for the cups suit...and to make it
transparent and usable for the rest of the cups cards. I still need to find a good sword and wand.
I already made a good coin. So much more work to do...2 down and 76 to go...LOL :laugh: :bugeyed:

Oh, the reason I am having to add stuff to the tops and bottoms of some of these is because
the photo would be too distorted if stretched to the larger size I am using (300 x 500).
I am making the cards that large for those that want large cards, and if anyone wants them
to be smaller, they can just resize them smaller. I have found that there is less distortion if you
start with a large card and make it smaller rather than try to make a smaller card larger.

Maybe tomorrow I can make 'two more' cards, because today I was gone most of the day
and was only able to do this one card.

PHOTO : is the finished 3 of Cups card...I think it will work alright for the 3 of Cups.

ETA: I just noticed that the bottom scroll ribbon (with the card title) looks kind of blurred...
I will have to redo that...tomorrow is another day! Off to sleep now...(I hope :bugeyed: )
:heart: tarotlyn

Attachments

• CUPS.3.FINISHED.jpg
    CUPS.3.FINISHED.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 222

Quester

:heart: You go girl!!! What a fantastic idea!!! I love bears and know this is going to be very special!!! Hope we will be able to get one!! :heart:

GryffinSong

Your 3 of cups is wonderful!