what? mini decks?

The Dreamer

WolfyJames said:
The only mini I suggest not getting is the Zerner-Farber Tarot, which is the mini version of the Enchanted Tarot (Amy Zerner). The Enchanted Tarot is a large deck and they stretched it to fit the small size of the Zerner-Farber and the streching shows; plus, by putting the title at the bottom of the cards you can't see the bottoms of the images anymore, so you miss important elements of the cards.

http://trionfi.com/01/j/i/gambler_ru/d02449.htm

http://www.tarotkorea.co.kr/gallery/gallery1_show.php?card=Zernerfarber
I actually really like the Zerner-Farber and really dislike the Enchanted. This is strange, because they seemingly are so similar. However, the colors are slightly different, which makes a big difference; also, I actually prefer the "stretched" effect of the images of the Zerner Farber. Also, it is borderless, which I like. I also like the titles on the cards, not only because I like titles generally, but because they contribute to making the rest of the card look more "far away". All of these factors seem to contribute to making it a very affecting and surreal deck to me, both "earthy" due to the fabric collages it is made of, and "mystical" due to the slight image warping, color scheme, and layering of the title over the top which makes it like a little world you are looking into. The fact that parts of the card are blocked I also like. It's more real, like a frame without a frame. And how often in life do we see the whole picture? I don't know. It's just more realistic to have a tiny section blocked. The Enchanted looks too calculated and cutesy to me. It's like a totally different deck to me.

I seem to feel strongly about the Zerner Farber. ;)

I also have the mini Answer Deck (non tarot) and like it quite well. Sturdy, and I think the simplicity of the cards is well served by a small size.

For a while I used a smaller size Thoth before I got used to working with the cards, then switched back to the large size after I was more comfortable with them. The large size has a lot more impact.

Owlface

mini

I have the Mini Connolly-ordered partly out of curiosity about minis and partly because I wasn't sure I wanted the standard-size Connolly. I like it. The images are clear to see and almost jewel-like. But the size does make the cards much harder to shuffle.

I believe there are also "mignon" and "micro" decks-I've seen some listed at alida and, I think, playingcardsales. These really are tiny, too small to see the images, I would think. Maybe the people who buy them put them on a keyring or something, just for luck ?

Citrin

I have the Tiny Universal Waite, but I must say that it's very hard to shuffle, so I don't use it.

light2000

read this Miss yuko

Hi!!

I have the pocket RWS so is a mini decks.

The pictures are very good, you can see all.

I know your problem, i know how much the Brazilian workers win and i know that your coin dont have much value.

So changing reais to dolar or euro is a fortune is why for us is so cheap a trip to Brazil.

So becasue of your problem i think that you can buy a mini deck.

Actuatly i will give you a help this way you dont need to pay ship.

There are a Brazilian Book "tarô para magos e bruxas" by Rena Terhef , the publicer is pensamento, that brings a book and the mini deck Rws.

The book isnt very good, unless you like wicca magic.

https://ssl120.locaweb.com.br/pensamento-cultrix/zoom.asp?cod=85-315-1371-5

This book is 37.80 reais, so should be a lot cheaper for you, and you dont need to pay ship.

Ah, good news.

If you like visconti there re a book that brigs the cards too, but is more expensive and the cards isnt mini.

Miss yuko i buy alot of brazilian books, and they ususally bring decks, so should be a lot more cheap for you.

shaveling

miss_yuko said:
I've read some are 3 1/2 x 2 inches (and i'm not good with inches, but i can get the idea)...
I have a couple of minis. They're slightly different sizes, but average out to about 3 x 1½ inches, or 7.5 x 4 cm. Mine are Marseilles decks, which have pretty bold artwork, so the size doesn't make the artwork hard to see.

They're good for large spreads, or for situations when there's not much space for laying out the cards. (That's a euphemism for reading the cards in bed.)

-shaveling

PlatinumDove

shaveling said:
(That's a euphemism for reading the cards in bed.)

Oh, good, I'm not the only person who reads in bed!

MareSaturni

light2000 said:
I know your problem, i know how much the Brazilian workers win and i know that your coin dont have much value.

So changing reais to dolar or euro is a fortune is why for us is so cheap a trip to Brazil.

So becasue of your problem i think that you can buy a mini deck.

Yes, that's one of the problems. But also, the decks published here usually don't have the same quality as the imported ones, hence my interest in trying to find cheaper imported decks. Of course, the Enchanted Tarot and the Mythic Tarot, for instance, there were published here...they are very good, resistent cards and good book, i cannot complain. But it's still kinda rare.

I've seen this book you showed me. Yes, it's a lot cheaper than imported decks...might have a look at it in a bookstore here so i don't have to pay the shipping :)

Thanks!

shaveling said:
I have a couple of minis. They're slightly different sizes, but average out to about 3 x 1½ inches, or 7.5 x 4 cm. Mine are Marseilles decks, which have pretty bold artwork, so the size doesn't make the artwork hard to see.

They're good for large spreads, or for situations when there's not much space for laying out the cards. (That's a euphemism for reading the cards in bed.)

-shaveling

Whoa, the cards are really small. Even they are good for trips, i think i'd be afraid or bending them because they seem more fragile ;)
Ah, and i also read in bed. I loved reading in bed, actually, especially now that we are in the winter...too cold outside!

Thanks for the opinions! Any more insights are welcome!

:TPW Yuko

HearthCricket

As promised, here is Bunny doing a reading for Tenni with his mini Universal Tarot. He is just a beginner, so still uses the LWB, but is hoping for a mini Visconti by Christmas. He also has an eye out for a mini Fairy or Gnome deck for his "regular clients"!! Personally, I think he does it all to dress up in Mommy's jewelry!

MareSaturni

HearthCricket said:
As promised, here is Bunny doing a reading for Tenni with his mini Universal Tarot. He is just a beginner, so still uses the LWB, but is hoping for a mini Visconti by Christmas. He also has an eye out for a mini Fairy or Gnome deck for his "regular clients"!! Personally, I think he does it all to dress up in Mommy's jewelry!

It's SO CUTE! Ahhh! Hum...i wonder what did Tenni ask. Lovely, and the reader looks really professional (although he's using the LWB). He's looking with that 'a-AH!' face, of someone who found the answer. That definitely makes worth getting a mini deck ;)

I'll take pictures of mine too...cute, so very cute!

Thanks for sharing!

:TPW Yuko

BlueLotus

I have 4 mini decks, namely, the Universal, Fairy, The Art Nouveau , and Tarot of the New Vision.

But I rarely read with them, and keep them for the artwork and for collection purposes.

There are a lot more Mini decks available and if you scroll down Here you will find 7 more mini decks in different languages.