2-D Rider-Waite [Split from "What are you awaiting in the mail? New thread for 2007]

Adam McLean

truelighth said:
And I have an order for a 2D Rider Waite version from Taiwan :D.

Let us know what this is like ! It seems to be in
hot-pressed formed plastic. I suppose it really
should be the '3D Rider Waite' as all cards are
two dimensional, through this one has the
third dimension of depth as well.

I opted out of this one because of the plastic
and the fact that it was the familiar Rider Waite.
Had it had original designs I would have bought it.

When it arrives please do let us know what it is like.

truelighth

Adam McLean said:
I opted out of this one because of the plastic
and the fact that it was the familiar Rider Waite.
Had it had original designs I would have bought it.

When it arrives please do let us know what it is like.

That is exactly why I did get it, because it is a Rider Waite and I want to have every available version or clone :D. I will let you know what I think of it once I get it (which will be a while I think).

gregory

I thought that about the 2D description. Luckily it just didn't appeal :D

gregory

The picture I posted seems not to have been transferred (as haven't some other good posts on this...); here is the deck in all its awfulness - I really hate the look of this. As someone said - it looks like someone made it with cheap Lego !

Attachments

• 2Dtarot.jpg
    2Dtarot.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 169

jackdaw*

I still like the look of it ... but have been deterred by (a) the price and (b) what on EARTH would I do with it?

gregory

jackdaw* said:
I still like the look of it ... but have been deterred by (a) the price and (b) what on EARTH would I do with it?
Give it to your grandchildren (!!!!) to play with in the bathtub....

jackdaw*

Or use it to build a box for my other RWS decks :) It is rather Lego-ish.

AprilFool

I think that's pretty cool looking! It looks more like a toy than a deck, though! You could construct quite a "house of cards" with that one! :D

What's the site to order it from? I'll try a Google search, but who knows how successful I'll be?

gregory

AprilFool said:
I think that's pretty cool looking! It looks more like a toy than a deck, though! You could construct quite a "house of cards" with that one! :D

What's the site to order it from? I'll try a Google search, but who knows how successful I'll be?
I think if you PM baby_dream she can tell you.

AprilFool

I found the website in a Google Search. You have to e-mail for a price, though. Can anyone share the price with me? I live in the U.S., in case that makes a difference.