2-D Rider-Waite [Split from "What are you awaiting in the mail? New thread for 2007]

Little Hare

Chronata said:
oooh yes! Something else to read in the bathtub besides patterns in the soap scum...(oh that might just be me!)

But I think I kinda like these...in that same way I like the glow in the dark ones.

In the same way I would love to have a velvet painting tarot...it's pure kitsch!

Like Tacky Tourist Tarot! It's like the plasticy souveiner land meets the metaphysical! :D

I dunno...there's just something kinda cool about that....

Oooh Chronata i love tacky stuff :D, seeing this sorta stuff also reminds me to to take life so 'seriously' :D

Pumpkin

baby_dream said:
Here you are! :)

Oh thanks. I think they look pretty neat. Was there a link to find them?
I'll go back and look through this thread.

Myrrha

Chronata said:
oooh yes! Something else to read in the bathtub besides patterns in the soap scum...(oh that might just be me!)

But I think I kinda like these...in that same way I like the glow in the dark ones.

In the same way I would love to have a velvet painting tarot...it's pure kitsch!

Like Tacky Tourist Tarot! It's like the plasticy souveiner land meets the metaphysical! :D

I dunno...there's just something kinda cool about that....

Yay!! RWS snowglobes!!

--Myrrha

Val

Myrrha said:
Yay!! RWS snowglobes!!

--Myrrha
ROFLOL

Now that would be a Tarot "must-have"!

~Val

Grizabella

Tarot socks----the kind with the separate toes?

I think this tarot is kind of neat, but I wouldn't pay $55 plus postage for it.

truelighth

My 2D Rider Waite (which should indeed be 3D) has arrived. And I have to say I, I like it! Some thought it would be really tacky, but it is actually quite well executed, with all the details of the cards on there.

The paint is also of a nice quality i.m.o. and it shows some of the same structure/features as on the cards. Like the little strippes on the robe of the Hermit (to give it depth). Or the fur on the Lion in Strength, or the legs of the Devil. It has basically been painted like a normal RWS.

The pictures Baby_Dream posted on here don't really do it justice, they make the deck look more plasticky. Maybe because on those pictures they are still wrapped in protection plastic, who knows.

Oh, on the box it says it was published in China, but the rights are 1971 from US Games, as usual.

P.S. I don't think these are very usuable in the bath, the paint would go off easily and it would ruin them, I think.