2 new Shadowscapes cards

SolSionnach

Knight of Pentacles: http://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cards.php?suit=4&card=11
Knight of Cups: http://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cards.php?suit=2&card=11

Cards yet to be created: Knight/Queen/King of Wands
Queen/King of Pents
Queen/King of Cups
10/Knight/Queen/King of Swords

That's 11 more cards - but the last time I looked (about a month ago) the above two new cards weren't posted. Perhaps we can hope for the finished deck by the Solstice?

And if so, perhaps the published deck in 2009???

Well, I can hope, can't I? ;) ;) :p

Mariana

Lovely.

I'm waiting for this one too. It may not be intellectually deep and challenging, as some people have pointed out, but it's so lovely that I figure that if I am allowed one (merely?) pretty deck in 2009, it has to be this one.

Sulis

Mariana said:
Lovely.

I'm waiting for this one too. It may not be intellectually deep and challenging, as some people have pointed out, but it's so lovely that I figure that if I am allowed one (merely?) pretty deck in 2009, it has to be this one.

Wow. I love the Pentacles Knight.

As for it not being deep and challenging... I think this deck may turn out to be more intellectually deep and challenging than it looks... That suit of Swords is awesome.

HearthCricket

I am desperately trying to be patient about this deck, but I am dying to get it. There is a lot of food for thought, I think, in this deck. There is so much detail, and softly spoken, that intuitive readings are going to fly with it. She has put so much time and effort into it. I can't wait for its release. I wonder what publisher it will be?

firefrost

Oh, I love that Knight of Cups!

This is going to be a really popular deck.

Mariana

HearthCricket said:
I wonder what publisher it will be?
Perhaps you'd feel like contacting her, alerting her to the interest on AT and finding out whether she has any publication plans yet?

Sphinxmoth

Goodness, I have loved those watercolors from the moment I first set eyes on them. I have been waiting oh-so-patiently, dropping in ocassionally and looking for when new cards were added. I for one would not crassly rush or make impatient demands of an artist of Stephanie's delicacy and caliber. (does not necessarily include communicating to her hopes and dreams for the future of the deck)

But along with my patience comes some amount of anxiety as to how the production of a deck of these illustrations will be dealt with. One can only hope it will be of the highest possible quality. I (myself, personally) would like to see an almost post-card sized deck, with minimal and minimally intrusive borders, just enough to contain tasteful and unobtrusive numbering and titles. Keywords would be intrusive and it would be far better to let the work speak for itself. And a beautiful, but simple back.

Whatever the production results in, it will be a deck I know I will buy, but it's reasonable to hope for the best, isn't it?

So the countdown continues, and so do expectations.

SolSionnach

Sphinxmoth, I'm with you. There is so much detail in those cards that an oversized deck is practically required. It blows me away when I click on the "details" link from the pages with single cards - the amount that you *can't* see with the large-sized jpg of the whole card is worrisome.

Yes, I'll get it, irregardless of cardstock or lamination. But I really hope she does a great job with the production. ::fingers crossed::

Nisha

Ah, I've always loved Stephanie's artistic vision and was delighted to hear she was working on tarot cards a few years ago. Her lovely imagery has a way of whispering to a person's heart and I knew it would work perfectly for tarot. This deck is definitely going to be on my 'I have to have it!' list.

~Nisha :)

Poledra

Wow! I'd never seen these before, but they are beautiful aren't they! Thanks for the link.

Poledra