2 new Shadowscapes cards

Aura Wolf

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus and say I'm pleased to see the project moving forward so quickly. Everything looks wonderful. I have to agree that in terms of publishers, Lo Scarabeo would not be the best choice, as in my experience all their decks are the same size (comfortable, but rather small for cards of this kind of detail) and the borders would detract from the artwork. I would look at publishers that have produced varying sizes of decks--one way to do it would be to think about all the larger-sized, good quality decks that are out there and trace them back to their publishers. I know some people dislike larger decks--but really, there are other ways to shuffle larger cards for those with small hands. I think this deck both requires and deserves a little more real estate.

fina

I use the Druid Animal Oracle cards and they are large, but I have no trouble shuffling them. Just shuffle lengthwise instead of widthwise. I would love these cards in a large size. The details are phenomenal and I would hate to miss out on them during a reading.

firefrost

*Sigh*. No matter what anyone says, my tiny hands cannot cope with large cards. I trimmed my Druidcraft (the deck I use anyway - looks better, too).

I have shuffled lengthways but it just doesn't feel the same and no matter how I've continually tried to stretch my hands over the years, it hasn't worked. I don't like putting the whole deck on a tabe and shuffling that way, either.

I just have to miss out on beautiful oversized decks.

The Shadowscapes is a very beautiful deck, puimun, and I wish you much luck with it.

Nightgarden

puimun-this is a wonderful deck!
Looking forward to hold it in my hands-no matter in wich size!

schmedrake

LOVE the knight of pentacles. Can't wait to see this deck released!

ETA I'd be disappointed to see this done by Lo Scarebo. I don' t like the way they lay their decks out, not to mention the size. These are so gorgeous I think I like to see a full bleed. These images shouldn't be bound by a border, there's too much energy in them.

Silverlotus

As an aside, some of the cards from this deck are available as cross stitch patterns from Heaven and Earth Designs.

fina

Silverlotus said:
As an aside, some of the cards from this deck are available as cross stitch patterns from Heaven and Earth Designs.

i mentioned this earlier. I have the Two of Cups and it will be so beautiful! It's just going to take me 2 years. <sigh> It's a good thing I'm doing it for the act not the product.

Silverlotus

fina said:
i mentioned this earlier. I have the Two of Cups and it will be so beautiful! It's just going to take me 2 years. <sigh> It's a good thing I'm doing it for the act not the product.

Oh, sorry fina. I didn't see your post. :)

I'm not a big fan of Heaven and Earth Designs, but I do love this deck. I'm very tempted to get a pattern or two.

Slightly off topic, some of Ciro's work is also available too, like his Reading the Gilded Tarot.