What should I use for protection?

Cacia

hello All:

Today, someone read me and told me that I am someone who pick energy and feelings from others and I need some protection, but I do not know what do I need to use in order to protect myself. This person mention that I need a lot protection and grounding before I do tarot readings.

Any advise ? thanks

Onion Budgie

For grounding and protection before a reading, I'd suggest Jet, Black Tourmaline, Haematite or Obsidian.

Other protective stones would be Tiger's Eye or Labradorite.

I hope you find one that works well for you. :)

Apollonia

hello All:

Today, someone read me and told me that I am someone who pick energy and feelings from others and I need some protection, but I do not know what do I need to use in order to protect myself. This person mention that I need a lot protection and grounding before I do tarot readings.

Any advise ? thanks
My personal favorite is Nuummite. Next would be Rutilated Quartz, Prehnite, Tourmalinated Quartz, and Labradorite. I would recommend that you choose one of these to wear on a pendant around your neck rather than just having it near you when you read.

If you tend to pick up negative/depressed emotions, then I would add in a Citrine for its cheerful vibe.

Briar Rose

I have Judy Hall's book on, Crystals for Psychic Self Protection.

on page 47 she suggests protecting your energy from being intruded or drawn upon by others using a psychic shield. She writes that stibnite creates an energy shield around the body, and protects you during journeying and brings you safely home. She states that with focused intention it separates the pure from the dross and releases negative energy, and helps remove*tentacles from cliny relationships. But wash your hands after using it.

*tentacles; you can learn more about what that refers to by reading the books, The Hands of Light, and Light Emerging.

nunderite is another grounding and shielding crystal.It can anchor your energies during turmoil or multi-dimensional journeying.

She also mentions black tourmaline, citrine and hematite and shungite (which I love), and she mentions a bunch of other one.

Don't be afraid, but a pentagram protects you too. You can even draw one using a crystal. The energy will be there. You can also wear one, or have the symbol on your altar.

Don't forget that smudging with sage would be important before and after.

Also, cleansing your crystals before and after is important.

Cacia

For grounding and protection before a reading, I'd suggest Jet, Black Tourmaline, Haematite or Obsidian.

Other protective stones would be Tiger's Eye or Labradorite.

I hope you find one that works well for you. :)

Onion Budgie love your ID lol. I have hematite and Labradorite so I will keep it next to my table where I red. Thanks for your suggestions.

Cacia

My personal favorite is Nuummite. Next would be Rutilated Quartz, Prehnite, Tourmalinated Quartz, and Labradorite. I would recommend that you choose one of these to wear on a pendant around your neck rather than just having it near you when you read.

If you tend to pick up negative/depressed emotions, then I would add in a Citrine for its cheerful vibe.

oh, I have Labradorite and citrine but as an stone, but now that you mention I will try to find a pendant with an specific crystal. Thanks for the good idea

Cacia

I have Judy Hall's book on, Crystals for Psychic Self Protection.

on page 47 she suggests protecting your energy from being intruded or drawn upon by others using a psychic shield. She writes that stibnite creates an energy shield around the body, and protects you during journeying and brings you safely home. She states that with focused intention it separates the pure from the dross and releases negative energy, and helps remove*tentacles from cliny relationships. But wash your hands after using it.

*tentacles; you can learn more about what that refers to by reading the books, The Hands of Light, and Light Emerging.

nunderite is another grounding and shielding crystal.It can anchor your energies during turmoil or multi-dimensional journeying.

She also mentions black tourmaline, citrine and hematite and shungite (which I love), and she mentions a bunch of other one.

Don't be afraid, but a pentagram protects you too. You can even draw one using a crystal. The energy will be there. You can also wear one, or have the symbol on your altar.

Don't forget that smudging with sage would be important before and after.

Also, cleansing your crystals before and after is important.

Miss Briar Ross:

That book sounds interesting, will try to check it out in a library to see or buy it. Thanks for the suggestions like I mention before I have labradorite and citrine so for now i will see if I carry that with me, around. Thanks so much as I am typing here I copy and paste this information so I can research later about it and find and stone that I can use and definitely use it. I have my crystals charge in full moon but cleaning I sage them or use sandalwood incense is that enough?. thanks

I have a question about the pentagram is not this a negative thing? I heard they use it for you know do black magic and stuff. I am not well inform about this but that's what I heard.

Thanks again ross may be love and light with you

Cacia

How do I know what kind of energy I pick?

Sorry this might sound silly, but How do I know what kind of energy I pick? thanks

stonesatiety

Hi Cacia: Some great suggestions here! Your question about knowing what kind of energy you are picking up goes with what I was going to recommend. If you reeeeally want to know how to protect yourself from energetic intrusion, ask the spirit within you to guide you along. Then pay attention. Guidance will come, mostly in subtle form that we can easily ignore. This goes with anything else you'd like to learn about all this funny stuff as well.

Along with the other stones, I recommend quartz in a color and form that attracts you. My "protector stone" is a small double-terminated Tibetan black quartz. It is clear quartz with hematite inside it. Trust what feels good to you. :)

Cacia

Hi Cacia: Some great suggestions here! Your question about knowing what kind of energy you are picking up goes with what I was going to recommend. If you reeeeally want to know how to protect yourself from energetic intrusion, ask the spirit within you to guide you along. Then pay attention. Guidance will come, mostly in subtle form that we can easily ignore. This goes with anything else you'd like to learn about all this funny stuff as well.

Along with the other stones, I recommend quartz in a color and form that attracts you. My "protector stone" is a small double-terminated Tibetan black quartz. It is clear quartz with hematite inside it. Trust what feels good to you. :)

stonesatiety:

Thanks for the insight on this topic, as I type this message am searching on this quartz and stones that all of you kindly recommended. Regarding your suggestion about requesting guidance is a wonderful idea, I will tell to my imaginary friend lol to help me with this. Thank you so much for your wonderful post.