Tarot Decks containing no nudity?

Nemia

True about the Star in the Golden Tarot - looks like a Biblical Eve by a Flemish artist (can't check it now), such depictions were found on church altars like van Eyck's Ghent altar piece, so I didn't "count" is as nudity ;-) But you're right - nude is nude. Sorry.

Celtictarot

If I recall correctly, The Goddess tarot has no nudity, the Crystal Visions tarot has no nudies (I hope) and the Dame Darcy Mermaid deck. How can we get over mermaids?

FLizarraga

The Mary-El Tarot.

OK, kidding. Just kidding.

Padma

The Mary-El Tarot.

OK, kidding. Just kidding.

I could actually hear you laughing as I read that! :laugh: You are such a card, Flizzy! :laugh:

I second the Pagan Cats. Lovely deck, pretty cats, nice art altogether, and reads like a dream. And not too cloyingly cute, either. Just right! :)

I also thought of the Connolly, forgot there were a few nudes - but the style of the art doesn't bring nudity to mind...it is a great beginner's deck, the colours on the cards make it exceptionally easy to read the emotion in each card.

Aquarian is also a good choice - muted, soft, yet eloquent.

And...you can always use a Sharpie marker, and dress the little tarts in the Robin Wood ;) :joke:

Luna's Crone

nudity

there are 3 decks for the age 8 and up. but alot of professional readers love them. They are Tarot of shdow and light, tarot of shapechangers (i think thats the name) and tarot of vampires. these are by Lucy Cavendish i think.

FLizarraga

I could actually hear you laughing as I read that! :laugh: You are such a card, Flizzy! :laugh:

Well, you probably HAVE heard me laugh at some point. I have one of the world's loudest, most annoying laughs ever --think this on steroids.... :(

I was thinking of the Baroque Bohemian Cats. But it does have some cats without a stitch of clothes on them. Scandalous, frankly.

FLizarraga

OK, seriously now, the Baroque Bohemian Cats is a good candidate. It has the cuteness factor going for it, and it's actually a really meaty deck, with a lot to sink your teeth into. Hard to find and on the pricy side, but worth every single cent.

I agree with most of the other options here, particularly the Dreaming Way. Another youth-friendly and surprisingly meaty deck. A lot to study there.

Nemia

there are 3 decks for the age 8 and up. but alot of professional readers love them. They are Tarot of shdow and light, tarot of shapechangers (i think thats the name) and tarot of vampires. these are by fairchild i think.

Tarot of Shadow and Light is NOT for the age 8 and up. And there is nudity in that deck. It's one of the most complex decks I have.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/light-and-shadow/

(I bought the Dreaming Way because Fliz recommended it. One of my favorites!)

Thoughtful

Did you mean Shape Shifters Jo Ann, l bought this for a friend who tried her best to read it. She had learnt on RWS clones so was completely thrown by the change of the suits.