Tarot decks by Paulina Cassidy

SunnyBee

Hey everyone,

I like her art a lot and considering getting one.

I have a couple of questions to those who own the Paulina Tarot deck and Joie de Vivre deck (both by Paulina Cassidy). Do you notice a big difference between the decks? To me, they seem similar but I'm not sure which one has more softer imagery. I tried exploring both but I just can't seem to decide which one I like best. Also are any of you not liking characters depicted in Joie de Vivre deck? There are couple of images that strike me a little too much.

Any input is very much appreciated!

Grizabella

I've had both decks, but the Paulina seemed washed out to me. The Joi de Vivre makes me happy every time I use it. I really love it.

C_McQueen

I have both. I just got the Paulina deck yesterday and the Joie de Vivre is my primary deck. I have found that the readings I get from the Paulina are very blunt, even though I think the artwork is a lot more mysterious. The Joie de Vivre gives me readings that are almost insistently upbeat.

SunnyBee

I've had both decks, but the Paulina seemed washed out to me. The Joi de Vivre makes me happy every time I use it. I really love it.

I also like it a little more because of the colors. Paulina seems a little more sad to me or it could just be me. Thanks Grizabella!

SunnyBee

I have both. I just got the Paulina deck yesterday and the Joie de Vivre is my primary deck. I have found that the readings I get from the Paulina are very blunt, even though I think the artwork is a lot more mysterious. The Joie de Vivre gives me readings that are almost insistently upbeat.

Do you still get accurate readings with Joie de Vivre? That's so interesting, I feel like that would bother me a lot. Do you find yourself putting more effort into reading Joie de Vivre spreads?

Madrigal

I have both and prefer the Paulina. She has a new deck coming out in the Fall called Spiritsong Tarot

C_McQueen

Do you still get accurate readings with Joie de Vivre? That's so interesting, I feel like that would bother me a lot. Do you find yourself putting more effort into reading Joie de Vivre spreads?

Not at all. My readings are still really accurate and I find that the cards are very easy for me to read. It's just that my readings with that deck might give you your medicine, but they also give you the spoonful of sugar to help it go down a little easier. Personally I like it, especially if I'm doing a reading on a sensitive subject. I don't like that deck for everything, but I do think that it's a good, safe choice.

SunnyBee

Not at all. My readings are still really accurate and I find that the cards are very easy for me to read. It's just that my readings with that deck might give you your medicine, but they also give you the spoonful of sugar to help it go down a little easier. Personally I like it, especially if I'm doing a reading on a sensitive subject. I don't like that deck for everything, but I do think that it's a good, safe choice.

Ah okay. I'm still not sure which one I need to get. I'm going to do more research and compare the cards! Thank you so much for your input!