Enchanted Oracle

Crescent

I too have this deck.. and it has renewed my love for oracles.. I am even thinking of thinning my tarot decks.

On another note, does the authoress of this deck have any other decks?

Myrrha

Crescent said:
I too have this deck.. and it has renewed my love for oracles.. I am even thinking of thinning my tarot decks.

On another note, does the authoress of this deck have any other decks?

Hi Crescent I'm glad to hear that you are also enjoying this deck. Barbara Moore wrote the book. I think she is an editor at Llewellyn. She wrote the books for the Gilded Tarot, the Mystic Fairy Tarot and the Mystic Dreamer Tarot. The artist doesn't have any other decks but I'm hoping they will put another one out with her artwork. Maybe someday!

Myrrha

To see all the card images in the Enchanted Oracle:

http://www.enchanted-art.com/catalog.php?category=3

http://www.enchanted-art.com/catalog.php?category=2

Most of them can be found at these two pages of the site but for a few of them might be on other pages.

Autumn Splendor
Bewitching
Celtic Witch
Cernunnos
Crimson Moon
Dark Enchantment
Dark Queen
Dragon Witch
Dragoness
Emerald Princess
Entwined
Gothic Rose
Gothique
Green Man
Green Woman (the artwork for this card is called Mask of the Greenwoman)
Gypsy Rose
Innocence
Jewel of the Sea
Lavender Moon
Love Springs Eternal
Maiden Moon
Mermaid Dreams
Mother Earth
Mystic Mermaid
Nemesis
Night Queen
Nightfall
Renaissance Rose
Serenity
Shadow Weaver
Silver Moon Fairy
Spirit of Samhain
Spirit of Yule
Tattered Dreams
Temptation (the artwork for this card is called Mask of Autumn)
White Magic

faunabay

I really, really love her artwork, but when I look at the scans it just looks like that.....artwork. I don't get any "reading" type information.

hmmm......I would like to get this deck, but I got, sort of, burned with the Amy Brown set. I was all excited to get it, then it sat on my book shelf for a couple of years and I traded it away. I don't want that to happen again. So I'm hesitant to get this deck.

:confused:

lalalibra

I've been wondering about this deck...

How is the cardstock? I have read many comments about it being very thin. I have some other decks by Lewellyn, however, and while Lewellyn cards are indeed more on the thin end of the spectrum compared to other decks (in my experience), is the Enchanted Oracle about AS thin or is it even thinner than other Lewellyn decks? If they are the same as other Lewellyn cards then I probably won't mind. But this set has been described as having such cheap quality, and it is a bit pricey so I want to be sure. I'm not too concerned about the extras (the bag, pendant), but I am more concerned about the cards. Are the cards themselves really that cheap?

ravynangel

How is the cardstock? I have read many comments about it being very thin. I have some other decks by Lewellyn, however, and while Lewellyn cards are indeed more on the thin end of the spectrum compared to other decks (in my experience), is the Enchanted Oracle about AS thin or is it even thinner than other Lewellyn decks? If they are the same as other Lewellyn cards then I probably won't mind. But this set has been described as having such cheap quality, and it is a bit pricey so I want to be sure. I'm not too concerned about the extras (the bag, pendant), but I am more concerned about the cards. Are the cards themselves really that cheap?

deleted :)

lalalibra

I didn't have this deck for very long but can't say that the card stock bothered me too much, and I am pretty fussy about thin cards.

Okay, I think I should be fine with it too then. Thank you! :)

On a trivial note, I noticed when I was researching 'Fairy Day' around June 24th, that the artist has retired her work as of 2010, to the point where she doesn't even have images of her old stuff on her website, so no doubt the price on this deck and her artworks will probably increase quite a lot.

Oh wow, I didn't know! Although I did have the feeling that if I do actually want this deck, then I should probably plan to get it sooner rather than later... I'm still debating it though. But I do love the artwork!

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I got this deck as a gift. A friend had been gifted it a while ago and she doesn't connect with faery imagery, etc. so she sent it along to me. I can't say the card stock is too terrible. I want to say the card stock is a bit thicker than say shadowscapes or the mystical cats tarot and this deck stands up decently to my riffle shuffling. I really don't find it to be that cheap quality wise. I really love it.

lalalibra

I got this deck as a gift. A friend had been gifted it a while ago and she doesn't connect with faery imagery, etc. so she sent it along to me. I can't say the card stock is too terrible. I want to say the card stock is a bit thicker than say shadowscapes or the mystical cats tarot and this deck stands up decently to my riffle shuffling. I really don't find it to be that cheap quality wise. I really love it.

It's nice to hear that you love the deck! :) Thanks for your reply. I don't mind Shadowscapes card stock, so if the Enchanted Oracle feels a bit thicker to you then that sounds even better. Now hearing that, I'm sure it's fine.

I actually haven't gotten the deck (yet) as I'm actually feeling ambivalent about how I would personally work with it, or more like, "Do I really actually truly need it?" I know it's entirely subjective, but if you would like to share more about it then I'm curious to hear more about how it reads for you or just anything else about the deck in general? There isn't a whole lot said about it anywhere (as far as I can see).

TheStarsAndTheMoon

It's nice to hear that you love the deck! :) Thanks for your reply. I don't mind Shadowscapes card stock, so if the Enchanted Oracle feels a bit thicker to you then that sounds even better. Now hearing that, I'm sure it's fine.

I actually haven't gotten the deck (yet) as I'm actually feeling ambivalent about how I would personally work with it, or more like, "Do I really actually truly need it?" I know it's entirely subjective, but if you would like to share more about it then I'm curious to hear more about how it reads for you or just anything else about the deck in general? There isn't a whole lot said about it anywhere (as far as I can see).

Its read lovely for me and been very insightful when I use it. I find that I get a good read off of them intuitively as well. There's a lot of moon imagery in the deck which I like. I quite like the autumn feel to it and also all the flowers and nature that peak out on most of the cards. I do like the book and spells and such in there too. Its dark and mostly muted or soft colors and I think its lovely. It can have that mysterious air about it... even a bit gothic. I really like the deck. Its definitely given me some good guidance. I haven't used it lately, but i grabbed it so I'd have it next to me while I write up my thoughts on it and I definitely need to spend some time with it soon since its been a while.

I'm not sure how you feel about those sorts of decks, but if you like the artwork and if it is something that's going to be harder to find you might want to get it because later who knows. You might kick yourself in the bum and think man I should have gotten it back then. Even if you just get it as a collectible deck. I hope this helps out some! :)