Favorite Hippie Deck?

linnie

Simply my original early 70's RWT because I was a devout hippie chick in my teens, and was very taken with it, and thought it was all kinds of wonderful :):):)

And the Magician card, above all others :):):)

Freddie

Another Albano-Waite fan here. The colours just speak 1960's-70's rock and roll flowerchild.

Freddie

Grizabella

What about the Motherpeace? Was that from back then? I wasn't into Tarot then so I don't know.

It's not from the hippie days, I don't think, but the one I think of is the Diamond because it looks so much like tie-dye.

RunningWild

What about the Motherpeace? Was that from back then? I wasn't into Tarot then so I don't know.

It's not from the hippie days, I don't think, but the one I think of is the Diamond because it looks so much like tie-dye.

Nope, I looked the other night because that thought occurred to me too. It's an 80's deck though it does have a 70's feel to me too. The Motherpeace, that is. I don't know about the other deck.

sapienza

The Albano-Waite would be my pick. I'm not a fan of the RWS at all, but the colouring of the Albano is oddly appealing.

Grizabella

Nope, I looked the other night because that thought occurred to me too. It's an 80's deck though it does have a 70's feel to me too. The Motherpeace, that is. I don't know about the other deck.

Yeah, my Motherpeace says copyright 1985, I think. It was worth a shot, though, because hippies do live on and I know some did use it.

The Diamond isn't, it just reminds me of it because it looks kind of tie-dyed.

Chronata

I love so many "Hippie Decks!"

Morgan's Tarot of course...and the Morgan Greer, Aquarian and Hoi Polloi definitely are favorites.

I worked with a bunch of old hippies in the Summer of '85, and two of them used the Tarot of the Cat People exclusively.

I know it's not really a Hippie Deck...but every time I see it, I think of them!

It certainly has the right look.

Mallah

Okay, Groovites...I started this here party, and now I wanna ask...isn't it sort of because of the hippie movement that we got an upswing in Tarot interest, in the latter part of the 20th century, including the plethora of new decks? I mean, isn't that where it all started movin' and groovin? The whole "free your mind" movement? Seems to me like round about there's where it all sorta went 'boom'!

Peace out. I'll be over here hangin' the beads in the doorway while you discuss... we'll bring some lava lamps in, too...and the lights with the colored wheels in front! Spectral!

Anybody got an Iron Butterfly LP?

RunningWild

Okay, Groovites...I started this here party, and now I wanna ask...isn't it sort of because of the hippie movement that we got an upswing in Tarot interest, in the latter part of the 20th century, including the plethora of new decks? I mean, isn't that where it all started movin' and groovin? The whole "free your mind" movement? Seems to me like round about there's where it all sorta went 'boom'!

Peace out. I'll be over here hangin' the beads in the doorway while you discuss... we'll bring some lava lamps in, too...and the lights with the colored wheels in front! Spectral!

Anybody got an Iron Butterfly LP?

I'm waiting for someone to ask what an LP is... :laugh: