Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

G6

I just saw the Colores Arcus is oversized. Will this deck be released in a pocket version like the Rosetta?

DownUnderNZer

My order came, but have not really found the right time to go through both decks and play around with the T.M. Have only really opened the Babalon up as was curious about the belt and corset.

Might make some time this weekend or before May.

DND :)

Babalon Jones

I dream of a pocket size too, but...

I just saw the Colores Arcus is oversized. Will this deck be released in a pocket version like the Rosetta?

I guess Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus is oversized compared to RWS. It's 5x3.25 inches - smaller than my Thoth but bigger than RWS. A little larger than "standard tarot size" I guess but not as big as the TM Majors edition which is actually what I think of as oversized.

Now pocket size, well I'd love to do that someday but who knows when (or even if)? If I had unlimited funds I'd do it just to have a couple for myself :cool5: I love being able to put a deck in my pocket or backpack and not worry about it getting smushed. And pocket size is so good for the portable magic technique; it really is something I like and I do think TM would be very suited for. But my financial situation is requiring that I restrict spending for the present time. I don't think Kickstarter is viable for reprints, though I could be wrong. But not ready to take that on yet in any event.

There is also the issue that making the tins the way I did/do for the pocket size Rosetta is quite a job so in addition to being able to afford to print and manufacture the cards I'd need the time and energy to do the tins. It involves measuring and cutting the satin liners, sanding the edge of the tins to accept the glue and affixing them and the hidden silicon pack, adhering and "shellacking" the labels - now do a few hundred times :bugeyed: I still have the last few Rosetta tins to make one of these days in my spare time, but lately I'm making the TM boxes and now new Rosetta Papyrus boxes and bags (plus those darn corsets, garters, and other accoutrements for Babalon). I'm a one person factory already - many a day looks like this except I am all the chickens and the farmer! I hear the music at 44 seconds into the clip a lot! I love it though...but now I am getting pulled by the muse who wants me to take another ride on the wheel and am too busy punching the clock like Porky and those chickens :laugh:

Eventually I have to just get caught up on stuff like the box makings so I can finish some writing projects - and a new painting :shhh: One is all sketched and calling me but I need to get better at playing with the elastic properties of time...or make a golem.

G6

I guess Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus is oversized compared to RWS. It's 5x3.25 inches - smaller than my Thoth but bigger than RWS. A little larger than "standard tarot size" I guess but not as big as the TM Majors edition which is actually what I think of as oversized.

Now pocket size, well I'd love to do that someday but who knows when (or even if)? If I had unlimited funds I'd do it just to have a couple for myself :cool5: I love being able to put a deck in my pocket or backpack and not worry about it getting smushed. And pocket size is so good for the portable magic technique; it really is something I like and I do think TM would be very suited for. But my financial situation is requiring that I restrict spending for the present time. I don't think Kickstarter is viable for reprints, though I could be wrong. But not ready to take that on yet in any event.

There is also the issue that making the tins the way I did/do for the pocket size Rosetta is quite a job so in addition to being able to afford to print and manufacture the cards I'd need the time and energy to do the tins. It involves measuring and cutting the satin liners, sanding the edge of the tins to accept the glue and affixing them and the hidden silicon pack, adhering and "shellacking" the labels - now do a few hundred times :bugeyed: I still have the last few Rosetta tins to make one of these days in my spare time, but lately I'm making the TM boxes and now new Rosetta Papyrus boxes and bags (plus those darn corsets, garters, and other accoutrements for Babalon). I'm a one person factory already - many a day looks like this except I am all the chickens and the farmer! I hear the music at 44 seconds into the clip a lot! I love it though...but now I am getting pulled by the muse who wants me to take another ride on the wheel and am too busy punching the clock like Porky and those chickens :laugh:

Eventually I have to just get caught up on stuff like the box makings so I can finish some writing projects - and a new painting :shhh: One is all sketched and calling me but I need to get better at playing with the elastic properties of time...or make a golem.

Oh wow, thanks for the insight here! 😊 You could also do a pocket size in a box if it's easier/quicker. I wouldn't even mind shrinkwrap, lol! A bag can always be found! Was just wondering since you offered pocket/tin before with the Rosetta. Beautiful deck, btw. ✌🏻

Nemia

You are such a talented person - your art, your creative endeavours with boxes and paper art, your writing, your insight, it's all amazing.

I find the size of the TM perfect. Not that I'd resist a pocket edition ;-) but you chose a very good size not only for readings but also for meditation and other uses.

When I have my decan cards, I'll use them as tarot calendar that changes from week to week. They're so clear, so brilliant, just beautiful. I can't wait!

Babalon Jones

You are such a talented person - your art, your creative endeavours with boxes and paper art, your writing, your insight, it's all amazing.

I find the size of the TM perfect. Not that I'd resist a pocket edition ;-) but you chose a very good size not only for readings but also for meditation and other uses.

When I have my decan cards, I'll use them as tarot calendar that changes from week to week. They're so clear, so brilliant, just beautiful. I can't wait!

What a great idea, using them for a tarot calendar! I hope they get there soon. If you got them with the free shipping in a letter, the transit time is very unpredictable. I had one guy who got two of them that way. He lives a 40 minute drive from me and I mailed them both the same day. One set got there after some had already made it all the way to the UK; his second set got there several days later though they were mailed at the same time! (I should have driven them!)

It is because they are shipped as non-machinable (with a surcharge for that), as I didn't want the cards to get bent going through the sorting machine (they probably wouldn't fit through it anyway and get ruined if the PO tried it). So I put them in a type of envelope that can't be machine read just to make sure. Which means human workers have to sort them and it takes, well as long as it takes and can't be tracked. But many have let me know they got there already so I know they are making their way without issue so far. You should get them soon!

Rose Lalonde

Love this idea! Thanks for that.

(Mine cleared customs and are close by, but Easter slowed delivery, so not quite to my door.)

Now pocket size, well I'd love to do that someday but who knows when (or even if)?...

Just seconding that if you ever end up with the time and inclination, I'd love to have a pocket version. Without or without a tin, either way.

I hope you're able to get back to writing and painting soon. You really do cram your free time full of creativity!

Nemia

My decan cards arrived, sooner than I expected - I swooned when I saw them. Trust Babalon to pick even STAMPS that are so beautiful and in tune with the cards! A wonderful envelope and amazing cards inside.

I know exactly how my tarot calendar will look, I'll start on my birthday with the first decan of Taurus. For one year, I'll use the Tabula Mundi to tell the time, to study the minors, court cards and all correspondences that I see daily on my correspondences wheel. Fortunately there's also a beautiful card with the Tree of Life!

I may include also other decks but the Tabula Mundi will lead the way. After all, the idea popped up in my head when I saw the tableaux in book M where a minor card is accompanied by the planetary ruler of its decan and its astrological sign.

I think this deck goes ways no other deck has gone yet. And I'm glad that the book was written before the decan cards were published. They appear as idea but not as finished works. That means that I'll have to do some work on my own to understand the net of associations.

As I said some time ago, it reminds me of music: an opera or a soundtrack where motifs have meanings, and can appear as gentle echoes or full-fledged melodies.

I'm really looking forward to the continuous study of this deck.

Nyx-Knits

I'm very happy with the quality and attention to detail with this deck and companion book. I don't use the Thoth so I wasn't sure about this deck. I decided to purchase it due to liking the art, appreciating the repetition of themes and imagery throughout the deck, and really connecting with the idea of the Fool entering a wormhole at the start of their journey.

The deck reads very intuitively for me even with a basic understanding of the Thoth and not getting too deeply into the Book M. And delving deeper into the book is complimenting and deepening my readings, which doesn't always happen for me. Sometimes companion books run counter to my intuition and interpretation of the card art.

I'm glad I decided to give this a try despite being out of my comfort zone!

csmith0406

For the first time in my life, I have one deck I read with, the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus. It's inspired me to learn the Thoth system which I could never do before. Really amazing!

I know exactly how my tarot calendar will look, I'll start on my birthday with the first decan of Taurus. For one year, I'll use the Tabula Mundi to tell the time, to study the minors, court cards and all correspondences that I see daily on my correspondences wheel. Fortunately there's also a beautiful card with the Tree of Life!

I'm really intrigued by your Tarot Calendar idea, how does it work?