Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus

Babalon Jones

Luna, check your email as I sent you a description of what the Babalon edition is, what makes it different, and what it costs. Since it is not inexpensive I thought you should make an informed decision so I will wait to get an email from you in reply.

The Babalon edition is a super small limited edition of the Tabula Mundi with extra features and cards. It has 93 cards including the zodiacal decan cards, a Minutum Mundum diagram, and an all new Lust card, silver foiled fronts in addition to the holographic backs, and very luxurious packaging. I'm also working on several more secret special handmade things to possibly include with it, but as those are works in progress, they are under wraps for now. I only mentioned the definite things about it that are already guaranteed to happen. For sure, it will be unlike anything else out there I think, but some of it I want to be a surprise.

The hologram feature will be on all of the Tabula Mundi 78 card decks, so both the regular 78 card Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus edition but also the very limited Babalon edition. You may notice in the video that it is only in certain areas of the backs. The other areas are in rich colors with a pleasing eggshell finish. I'm pretty psyched about how they came out.

If anyone wants to see the video of the holographic effect on the card backs that Spiffo mentioned, it was part of the last Kickstarter update. I also posted it to my website here http://www.tabulamundi.com/we-happy/

Decks have been coming in shipments to me all week, and they are not even all here yet. Still on track for shipping them out to backers in October as promised! Fingers crossed; it is a huge job. I'm still making boxes, a lot of what I do with these is made by hand so it takes a lot of time for one person to do.

starlightexp

wow.... So how well does that do under temple lighting? It looks amazing!

Luna's Crone

Luna, check your email as I sent you a description of what the Babalon edition is, what makes it different, and what it costs. Since it is not inexpensive I thought you should make an informed decision so I will wait to get an email from you in reply.

The Babalon edition is a super small limited edition of the Tabula Mundi with extra features and cards. It has 93 cards including the zodiacal decan cards, a Minutum Mundum diagram, and an all new Lust card, silver foiled fronts in addition to the holographic backs, and very luxurious packaging. I'm also working on several more secret special handmade things to possibly include with it, but as those are works in progress, they are under wraps for now. I only mentioned the definite things about it that are already guaranteed to happen. For sure, it will be unlike anything else out there I think, but some of it I want to be a surprise.

The hologram feature will be on all of the Tabula Mundi 78 card decks, so both the regular 78 card Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus edition but also the very limited Babalon edition. You may notice in the video that it is only in certain areas of the backs. The other areas are in rich colors with a pleasing eggshell finish. I'm pretty psyched about how they came out.

If anyone wants to see the video of the holographic effect on the card backs that Spiffo mentioned, it was part of the last Kickstarter update. I also posted it to my website here http://www.tabulamundi.com/we-happy/

Decks have been coming in shipments to me all week, and they are not even all here yet. Still on track for shipping them out to backers in October as promised! Fingers crossed; it is a huge job. I'm still making boxes, a lot of what I do with these is made by hand so it takes a lot of time for one person to do.

M

Totally missed your email. But there wasn't a price in the email. so send me a new one and i promise i will dig it out and read it this time. I get too much crap in the mail.

Babalon Jones

M

Totally missed your email. But there wasn't a price in the email. so send me a new one and i promise i will dig it out and read it this time. I get too much crap in the mail.

Oh I know how it is with emails. I think we are all set now as we have had the necessary communication and now I know what to send you in October; sorry for not having clarity in the first one!

wow.... So how well does that do under temple lighting? It looks amazing!

Well this is a cool question, as the fascinating thing about these card backs is how they look in different light. The holographic rainbow effect shows up best with overhead light, even if it is at an angle. With indirect light the holographic area, in this design at least, just shows up as a nice dark glossy pure black that contrasts with the more eggshell finish of the rest of the colored card back design. In some light, the holographic areas show up as pearlescent crystalline forms, sort of soft like an abalone shell. Which also looks cool.

Obviously direct sunlight, being bright and overhead, shows the rainbow holographic effect off well. But my favorite way to view them is actually when indoors, at night, but under overhead bulb lighting or lighting from above the card, whether from a lamp or coming from the ceiling. It does not have to be positioned or close to the light. Just normal nighttime room lighting. Then they just have a depth that is hard to describe but utterly mesmerizing, and the changing colors are really bright against a backdrop of what seems like deep space. It gives an almost 3D effect.

Anise

A tantalizing update appeared on the kickstarter today. Shipping starts next week! I know the delivery date always said October, but there were so many components and extras for colores arcus, it's incredible that Babalon did it all on time. I can't wait to see the coloring and holograms in person, and (hopefully) to experience the Babalon edition unwrapping vicariously on youtube.

Rose Lalonde

Like Anise, I can't believe how quickly you're getting the boxing, extras and shipping done to send in October. You must have been working non-stop.

I think the last time I was this excited about a deck on the way was around 2003.

DDwarks

I'm about to burst with excitement here! I *cannot wait* !

rwcarter

Just got an email confirmation that my campaign reward has been shipped. :party::party::party:

Rodney

theEnigma

Yes! Thank you Rodney for the heads up! Looks like all rewards have shipped and hopefully will get shipping info soon.

Have been watching the development of this deck for years so splurged for the Babalon edition. So excited :)