Pros and Cons Thread #2 - Enabling and De-Enabling

feynrir

even more thoughts on Cat People

Gorgeous, beautiful artwork, but even setting aside the whole "its own world" and science fiction story business...

As a deck, the characters are often static. They are usually just alien dudes and ladies standing around with cats and suit symbols, with very little variation. I didn't feel like there was much interaction between the cards.

I need a bit more variety, less sameness, than this fully illustrated deck had to offer.

Victoria's Finest

The Archeon Tarot

Any pro's and cons regarding The Archeon Tarot? I'm very intrigued by this deck... :D
I love enabling people on the Archeon, heehee. Here's a post I made a while back that is mostly still relevant:

Doooooo eeeeeeeetttttt!!! :D Madrigal enabled me now I'm going to enable you :joke:. The Archeon reads beautifully for me and the way the energy flows between this deck and my RWS is just incredible. I love the art and the way it sparks yet another side of my intuition/perception. The Archeon pulls no punches and jumps right in with you; it invites you to keep going even deeper. The only thing I don't really care for thus far is the card stock. I think it's a bit flimsy and on the slick side, still getting used to it. Overall, I'm loving this deck and highly recommend it!

What I've found that's become irrelevant for me is the thin cardstock and slickness. The more I used the deck the more I got used to these things and now I don't care, at all :laugh:. The cards are just so stunning and I do really enjoy comparing the LWB with its commentary/story snippets/meanings with my own interpretations that I get. Absolutely learning so much with this deck, I :heart: it! But I only buy decks that I'm deeply drawn to and have had a similar connection with my Cosmic (which also reads beautifully alongside The Archeon for me). IMO, you will not regret buying this deck if it's calling you!

I will say that I dislike US Games' logo on every single card but whatcha gonna do so :rolleyes:. I just overlook it :D .

pickled pixie

I love enabling people on the Archeon, heehee. Here's a post I made a while back that is mostly still relevant:

What I've found that's become irrelevant for me is the thin cardstock and slickness. The more I used the deck the more I got used to these things and now I don't care, at all [emoji23]. The cards are just so stunning and I do really enjoy comparing the LWB with its commentary/story snippets/meanings with my own interpretations that I get. Absolutely learning so much with this deck, I [emoji813] it! But I only buy decks that I'm deeply drawn to and have had a similar connection with my Cosmic (which also reads beautifully alongside The Archeon for me). IMO, you will not regret buying this deck if it's calling you!

I will say that I dislike US Games' logo on every single card but whatcha gonna do so :rolleyes:. I just overlook it :D .
Yikes! After reading this I'm really looking forward to getting this deck!! :D

Victoria's Finest

The Archeon Tarot

I bought it because I was in love with the art, and I fell in love with the LWB which is very well thought. I like the quotations listed for each card, they are very relevant. But I once tried to read with it and got only reversed cards so I just did not read, I put the cards back in the box and that was it.:(
You should give it another go Michellehihi! For me, the readings are in-freaking-credible, just jaw-droppingly accurate. Coax those cards outta that box and love them up :D.

Michellehihi

You should give it another go Michellehihi! For me, the readings are in-freaking-credible, just jaw-droppingly accurate. Coax those cards outta that box and love them up :D.

In-freaking-credible. I like that. I will take them out NOW!

Scarlet Woodland

What I've found that's become irrelevant for me is the thin cardstock and slickness. The more I used the deck the more I got used to these things and now I don't care, at all :laugh:. The cards are just so stunning and I do really enjoy comparing the LWB with its commentary/story snippets/meanings with my own interpretations that I get. Absolutely learning so much with this deck, I :heart: it! But I only buy decks that I'm deeply drawn to and have had a similar connection with my Cosmic (which also reads beautifully alongside The Archeon for me). IMO, you will not regret buying this deck if it's calling you!

I've only had this deck for a couple of weeks but can indeed attest... it is awesome :D

Gorgeous, mysterious, with a lovely Philip Pullman-y feel (if that makes sense outside of my head) but also wonderfully readable.

pickled pixie

Please someone quickly de-enable me with the Fountain Tarot...I can't afford it and if I purchase it my husband will totally freak!!! 😉