The Gilded Tarot Study Group proposal thread

lunakasha

In anticipation of the September release of the Llewellyn edition, and at the request of those currently working with the Limited Edition deck, I would like to propose a study group to discuss Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot.

The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for members to discuss, in detail, the fascinating imagery and our individual interpretations of these cards.

The format of the group will be somewhat relaxed, in that we will be discussing cards at random, as opposed to working through the deck in any specific order. We will be discussing the Majors, courts and pips all at once, so that members will have an opportunity to get a feel for the entire deck.

We will start out by discussing one new card each week, and possibly increase to two cards weekly if and when the contributing members show an interest in moving more quickly.

There will be an ongoing list of study threads posted here, on the study group thread, so that members will have an easy way of tracking the cards being discussed. Any Aeclectic member is free to post new threads for the group; however, we should try to be careful not to post too many threads at once, or duplicates for the same card....also, if a new thread is started, please send me a PM so that I can update the post of existing threads.

Finally, as many of you probably know, this study group will be moved to its own forum when we reach a minimum of ten threads and 100 posts in the General Study Forum....

All of the cards of the Gilded Tarot are posted here:

http://ciromarchetti.com

:) Luna

Black*Cat

I'm looking forward to these discussions very much. Thanks Luna for getting the study group up & moving.

Black*Cat

cundi

I love this deck, looking forward to seeing the Study group be established!

ROGER J KATZ

GILDED TAROT STUDY GROUP

This is my first post and, hopefully, I am using this forum correctly. I think that Lunakasha has commenced an interesting undertaking into the study of Ciro Marchetti's fascinating, comprehensive, imaginative and intricate tarot. Lunakasha has asked members to describe one's favorite tarot card in the Gilded Tarot deck. Although, I cannot really state that this card or that card is my favorite, as this requires one to compartmentalize something that, ultimately, I believe, is better observed as a singular, unique unified, flowing whole, I will attempt a response, notwithstanding the inherent limitation imposed on one by the rules established here. My favorite card begins and ends, rightly, with the "Divine Fool." Rather than reiterate my reasons here, I wish to inform the reader of this post that I have written a review of the Gilded Tarot, which Solandia has kindly deemed worthy of publication on the Aeclectic Tarot site. Thus, where there were heretofore two comprehensive essays of the Gilded Tarot, there are now, as of two days ago, three. Admirers of Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot (Special Edition) may wish to take a look at my critique of this marvelous tarot deck, which may be accessed from the Aeclectic Tarot Review page.

tmgrl2

Thank you, Roger! Will check it out!

terri

The 78th Fool

Anyone who knows me will know that this is my far and away favourite deck.

As to a study group - I've learned so much through groups like the Cosmic Tribe and the Rider Waite that I'd dearly love to do the same for this deck.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the threads pulled together and the group up and running.

Chris. xx

oceanpoetry

I received "the Gilded Tarot" last week - just love working with it! In a reading I did for myself today, I pulled VII Chariot - I really like this card - the gold and silver sphinxes - I interpret as balance of yin /yang energy, the sun that crowns the chariot indicating a triumphant ride n the chariot. And I like that the artist has portrayed a woman on the chariot dressed in purple with the chariot draped in lavender scarves. It has given me new insight into interpretation of "The Chariot" - which is my soul card. Through intuition and higher guidance we can easily and effortlessly manifest the things we desire in life.

Anyone else have new insights about this card?

souljourney

Anybody want to restart this one?

Would anyone be interested in restarting this study group back up.
It happens to be the deck I have and am learning on.
Let me know...
SJ

shelikes2read

souljourney said:
Would anyone be interested in restarting this study group back up.
It happens to be the deck I have and am learning on.
Let me know...
SJ

Count me in!

Real Life has found FAR too many ways of interfering with my study of anything, but I really, REALLY want to get acquainted with this deck. It's the first one, other than the RWS one I learned on years ago, that resonated with me so much, I HAD to have it.

I'm hoping that as more people obtain the deck, there'll be increased activity on this thread to the point where we earn ourselves a separate study forum. :)

Cerridwen

Hi

I would be interested in a study group for this deck too, I have been concentrating a fair bit on my oracle so would like to study this one more now

:D